cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many sales, had to hire assistance

What's going on in the world?  eBay is feeling it for sure!

What is everyone saving their money for summer vacation or saving it for the yardsales this weekend?

I expect things might pick up a little in a few weeks

I found out I am having another child at 38 years old a few days ago and have already started picking up odd jobs so that I can continue making purchases on eBay!

If no one else is buying I atleast know I am buying inventory, I hope you like my stuff..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

First off, CONGRATULATIONS !!!  You will likely be fine.  I had our first child two weeks shy of my 39th birthday and our second one when I was 40 1/2.  I loved being pregnant.  I hope you enjoy yours too.  There are chewable papaya pills I strongly suggest for an upset tummy.  They really work well for morning sickness or at least they did for me.  They are all natural.  

As far as hiring an assistant, I would think you'd need to do that locally so they could access your inventory and do some shipping for you as well as managing your business.

Speaking for myself only, summer is slow for me every year.  And this past week started the really pretty weather here, so most people are out and enjoying that.  August for me is typically my worst month of the entire year and sales start picking up about mid September.  But that is for me, your experience could be totally different.

I do think this fall might be a bit tougher as it is a presidential election year and that is something that usually will get people squirreling away some money and only buying necessities until they know who is going to win.

I wish you and your family nothing be the absolute BEST !!!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What is everyone saving their money for summer vacation or saving it for the yardsales this weekend?

There are 135 million active buyers on eBay. 

IMHO it is pointless to propose a single reason why they are "saving their money". 

Instead of worrying about eBay as a whole, it might be wiser to focus on why they are not buying your items. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The local hardware store and garden center was packed today, and so was the farmer's market taking place right outside.

People are out in the real world, not sitting in the stifling confines of online. They'll be popping back in.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@retrogames10000 

It looks like you're doing ok to me.  Some of us haven't had sales in weeks.  

Congrats on your newest edition to your family.  My grandfather became a father at 52 (for the 8th time), so 38 is no big deal.  Everyone loves a baby.  Hang in there.

All the best and Happy Selling

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@retrogames10000 

It looks like you're doing ok to me.  Some of us haven't had sales in weeks.  

Congrats on your newest edition to your family.  My grandfather became a father at 52 (for the 8th time), so 38 is no big deal.  Everyone loves a baby.  Hang in there.

All the best and Happy Selling

OK, thank you for the laugh.  Your suggestion that having a baby at 38 "is no big deal" because your grandfather became a father again at 52, is very funny.  I'm confident you did not mean it the way it came across.  But funny to compare a woman having a baby as being no big deal as it wasn't for man even older.

A voice of experience in this as a woman, TWICE, it is a big deal.  It can be very big deal.  There are all kinds of additional risks for a woman of a certain age.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 6
latest reply