cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Relist or Not To Relist, That is the Question

When I want to improve a long tail listing that has had many views but no bites, I don't know whether to de-list and then do a Sell Similar with my improvements; or to Edit to upgrade pictures, price, etc. Some sellers say to make a new listing, and others (especially one blogger) say to never do that as you will lose your spot on Google and other negative stuff.  Anybody?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@winterpalace25 

I just edit the listings.

Sometimes I do a lot of off Ebay advertising, so I want to keep the same item number and not have a lot of dead links out there.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@winterpalace25 

I just edit the listings.

Sometimes I do a lot of off Ebay advertising, so I want to keep the same item number and not have a lot of dead links out there.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much. I had forgotten about the dead links.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@winterpalace25 wrote:

Thank you so much. I had forgotten about the dead links.

IMHO:  Yes, edit rather than replace the listing to brighten it up and not break links.  But after about 90 days, you might want to rejig the listing and do 'sell similar' and get a new start.  This is to refresh it for internal searches as the longer a listing stays up with views but no bites, the further it drops in search returns (recency/relevancy), and even in a small market that can create problems.  At this point, for many listings internal search traffic still outweighs external search (I do a lot of SM advertising but still find that my external views are only about 20% of the internal views), so you want to keep an eye on both.

ETA:  Ugh, keep forgetting to tag.  @winterpalace25 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 4
latest reply