cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Update Limit Exceeded

Screenshot from 2022-09-06 10-32-03.pngHello ebay Sellers!

It appears that I may have exceeded the number of times I am allowed to update my listings title.

What really makes my situation weird is that the updated title listing appears when I hover over the 'show original title' link as a popup called 'Original Text' and contains my updated title while the outdated title appears and remains above it .

Not too sure what's going on but how much does it cost to get this updated? Strange thing about all this is that under 'Listings' --> Active the correct title is seen.

Anyone got a clue whats going on here?

thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I've never heard of running out of revisions, but your current title lists 'Pet ID' and 'Dog Tag' several times... which is wasteful.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@dogtagDid you exceed the number of characters they allow you to have in a title? It used to be 80 characters. It looks like your attempted revision is more than 80 characters. They also count spaces between words as characters.

I've never heard of a limit on the number of revisions you're allowed to have.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Seven updates in seven days. The original title was not just wasteful but would have been penalized for the repetition of keywords.

BTW your listing template is not responsive/mobile-friendly (breaks horizontal scroll). This will turn off a larger percentage of customers than you can afford to lose. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Actually, my listing on my mobile device is looking fabulous! I didn't recognize it at first but when I scroll through the listing in landscape view it actually centers the images really nicely in front of the shopper and even as you scroll to the parts with text it gives them their own space to read easily. Indeed, I couldn't be more happier with the end result! 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@dogtag wrote:

Actually, my listing on my mobile device is looking fabulous! I didn't recognize it at first but when I scroll through the listing in landscape view it actually centers the images really nicely in front of the shopper and even as you scroll to the parts with text it gives them their own space to read easily. Indeed, I couldn't be more happier with the end result! 🙂

On my phone in either portrait or landscape it's cutoff. Have to scroll to right to see everything.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply