cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time away

I just wanted to see everyone opinions on the time away feature. Is it a good idea to do the time away, but still have the option for people to buy while away or is it best just to hide listings? I just don't want to run into any issues with people overlooking the delivery delay, then expecting to get the item faster due to our previous feedbacks about fast delivery. Not sure if others had that sort of issue or not, but thought it was a relevant concern.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Time away

I have used Time Away many times and have never had an issue. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Time away

I have used Time Away a lot, and never had an issue. I never keep any auction item I might have had, active.  Everything is BIN, w/ my time away dates.  I give myself a couple extra days in time away return to wrap my sold items.  When setting up your time away, follow the prompts. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Time away

I did Time Away for 2 weeks. Buyers were able to buy from me. I think I got 75+ sells while away. I just emailed every buyer while outside the country on a cruise when I return and when item will be mailed and a lot replied back to me enjoy the cruise. Plus you get the sales money while away...a bonus. Had a lot of sales first 2 days I got back from cruise as well. Had no complaints from anyone. Cruise was in October last year...no negative feedback as well.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Time away

I use time away lots of times because of my health and I think it's a valuable tool. If you allow sales during it, people will see a banner on your listing, and store, that you are away until (blank) date and to expect a delay in shipping. If you do not allow sales, then they will see a notice saying this seller has sold everything out, so here are some other sellers you may want to purchase from. Your choice. I always allow sales. Make sure that you have an auto message created too, to cover your time away.

It should not affect your feedback score, so no worries.

Enjoy your time off. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Time away

@ga_open_box_llc wrote:

Is it a good idea to do the time away, but still have the option for people to buy while away or is it best just to hide listings?

Depends how long you'll be gone @ga_open_box_llc . A week? Three?

eBay does display a note on listings and at checkout, and they do extend the delivery window, but inevitably there will always be some buyers that don't pay attention.

Here's the page about Time Away settings:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

If you allow sales while away, make sure you read all the exclusions carefully.

Plan to have any auctions or offers end a week before you leave. eBay's working on an auto-pay offer feature, but it's still in testing phase, not yet rolled out site wide.

There's an option to set up an out of office auto-response within the Time Away settings.

Keep in mind you're still responsible for handling any return requests, claims or payment disputes that are filed while you're away. If you won't have internet access to check in every day or two, I suggest setting up automated return rules. You can turn off the automation after you return.

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules

Message 6 of 6
latest reply