cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "See Other Items" link on every listing links to Store!

This is an ongoing problem with the new ebay format.  I, and mony others, have a store subscription for the benefits unrelated to the actual "My Store".   I use ebay item specifics, categories, condition specifics, etc. for all of our items, but none of these are able to be utilized when searching through "My Store".  (I don't use store categories whatsoever, so it makes browsing very unappealing if the buyer isn't looking at our listings through the ebay listings page.

Both "View store" and "seller's items" links to store.  This occours on all platforms and browsers including the ebay app.

Q: Do you combine shipping?
Worldwide Shipping is $26 or 1 Lp, $5 Each Additional First Class Airmail.
===========================================
Q: When can I expect my order to arrive?
A: Item usually shipped within 4 BUSINESS DAYS from receiving cleared payment.
Delivery time is based both on location and delivery method. Please refer to auction details for delivery time to your area.
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well.. good news.  They’ve finally fixed this issue. 4 days ago, And voila!...

B6AEA222-93CD-4E63-B27D-2416746E14C2.jpeg

Delivery time is based both on location and delivery method. Please refer to auction details for delivery time to your area.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 76 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Bump. Because this isn't being fixed.

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

BUMP

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

The "seller's items" link actually goes to a store-like page, but not the actual store page. At the bottom of that page is a link to "See all" which leads to a different page which has some of the characteristics of the familiar "seller's other items" link, where filters can be found.

At the moment the "seller's other items" link can be found on the old feedback page, though it may take a couple extra steps to get there from the current profile page, which is also lacking many of the useful features of the old profile page.

I suspect that eBay is not done making changes; links to the old pages may change or disappear. Hopefully before that happens the new pages will get some additional options to bring them back to the functionality of the old pages.

Message 4 of 76
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

The "seller's items" link actually goes to a store-like page, but not the actual store page. At the bottom of that page is a link to "See all" which leads to a different page which has some of the characteristics of the familiar "seller's other items" link, where filters can be found.

At the moment the "seller's other items" link can be found on the old feedback page, though it may take a couple extra steps to get there from the current profile page, which is also lacking many of the useful features of the old profile page.

I suspect that eBay is not done making changes; links to the old pages may change or disappear. Hopefully before that happens the new pages will get some additional options to bring them back to the functionality of the old pages.

Hopeful optimism? 

-Lotz

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

It still sucks for buyers who do NOT want to see any stores. I always EXCLUDE all sellers who have stores in my bookmarked everyday searches.

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

Hopeful optimism?

eBay did recently finally add back the ability to view Saved Searches in list format after having removed in when the page was overhauled.

Message 7 of 76
latest reply

I, for one do NOT shop stores.  I detest the GALLERY display format strongly enough to exclude sellers' stores entirely from my bookmarked day to day searches.

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

It still sucks for buyers who do NOT want to see any stores. I always EXCLUDE all sellers who have stores in my bookmarked everyday searches.

While I do not avoid sellers with stores, I do prefer using the non-store interface to search and filter and generally I avoid using store pages to the greatest extent possible.

The decision to subscribe to a store is likely driven by whether the benefits to the seller exceed the costs or not, so I do not begrudge a seller using a store subscription to be able to get a certain amount of free listings or a discounted fee percentage.

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

"The "seller's items" link actually goes to a store-like page"
I can't see any difference between the actual store page from the "view store" link and the "Store-like page" from the "See seller's items"  link.  They're both in gallery format with NO option to change to list format, and the "extra steps" a buyer has to go through to see items using ebay item specifics is cumbersome enough to result in virtually NO ONE doing this.  Even as a buyer looking through other seller's inventory,  I'm finding this new format and entire process irritating.

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

It appears that eBay has changed the store link to be identical the what I referred to as the "store-like" page, or else has made the "store like" page the new store format. As you indicate, the "See other items" link in the seller info in one of the seller's listings also points there:

https://www.ebay.com/str/ifyougotfunkyougotstyle

If you scroll to the bottom of that page and use the "See all" link, you should be able to see the seller's items in a format where you can choose List or Gallery view, with filter options available on the left side:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=seanhanley1978...

If you use the "View items for sale" link on the old feedback page, you can see the seller's items in your default search format:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/seanhanley1978/m.html

As with most things, users that do not express a preference will get the default experience that eBay chooses; users that have a strong preference one way or the other will have to jump through some hoops to get what they want if that is not the default Fisher-Price version that eBay serves up.

Most likely eBay intends further changes.

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

I avoid because I do not want to "jump hoops" to change the display format and sort sequence to my preferences and then still have to specify what I am looking for.  I, as a rule, just skip stores and do specific item searches by definition, description and prices and often include manufacturer part numbers to see only the 2 dozen items that match instead of the hundreds or even thousands of "kinda like" items that ebay gives us. I usually search USA only and ebay defaults it every time I change a search string word, or other filter in the search so I then again must specify "USA only" I DON'T want Asian junk.  I am old enough that, in elementary school, we were taught "Chinese junque" was the boat, not the contents!  If I wanted some I would go to the dollar store down the street, return home and have the item  "swarm" within its' 1-hour lifetime and discard the product same day instead of waiting a week or longer for arrival from ebay for the same final result. The shorter the search output list,  the more efficiently my time is utilized.  Two years ago I did a search worldwide and purchased (from London) the only 6 NOS mfg. stickers for a certain vintage fishing reel from pre-1954 that could be found on ebay. Last year I bought from Canada what I believe to be the last 6 NOS examples of a certain model fishing reel in North America.  Each of these were single listings  in a Worldwide search and  I "watched" each  for several weeks before buying to see if others got listed. I strive to "narrow" my search results instead of making the list ever wider!

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Hopeful optimism?

eBay did recently finally add back the ability to view Saved Searches in list format after having removed in when the page was overhauled.

@eburtonlab  Thank you so much for this!  I did not know.  I hated the new view, so glad I can get a list again! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 76
latest reply

Before I red this thread I had no idea that some people felt so strongly about preferring an itemized list over a store when shopping.   Now I know.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 76
latest reply

Spoke to an ebay representative who didn't seem aware of this issue either being intentional (A Store-like format? Give me a break. It's identical. It's the store page) or a site issue.
It appears to be the former and making sellers "jump through hoops" to be able to search through a sellers items by Ebay item specifics (Including Item condition New/Used) is,  I'm sure, contributing to the widely reported decline in aggregate sales.

Message 15 of 76
latest reply