cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks, eBay!! A new glitch preventing how many sales??

I just found out a buyer has been trying to send me offers but, eBay is causing him problems.  It isn't only my account he is having problems trying to make purchases from.  Wonder how many other people wish to buy from me but, cannot because of this glitch??!  Wonderful!  Good luck to all.   🙂

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay has many glitches but preventing offers from coming through is not generally one of them.  Exactly what kind of problem is the buyer having?  Is it possible you have him blocked, either specifically by his userID or because he doesn't meet your buyer standards?  Is it possible his offers are below your minimum price?  These are just some possible reasons.

Evidently he can send you a message, so you can work with him to set up a listing so he can buy it that way. An offer doesn't have to come through the Best Offer system.   

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Agree with Myboard
Is the buyer blocked for some reason?
More information would be helpful
What kind of problems?
If I get a message from a buyer most time there is a link right in the message to send an offer .

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sounds to me that the issue is with the buyer rather than EBAY

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Agree with Myboard
Is the buyer blocked for some reason?
More information would be helpful
What kind of problems?
If I get a message from a buyer most time there is a link right in the message to send an offer .

That's right, but believe that is only available on the first message, though, unless they have changed that.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Do you have your account to block buyers with 2 or more UID in the last year?  Maybe the buyer is a repeat non-payer when they make offers.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Do you have any of the buyer requirements enabled? If you do, they may not be able to bid, buy or offer if they don't meet the criteria. These include not having a PayPal account, too many unpaid items, ect.

There is an exemption list you can add the buyer's account to, that will allow them to buy even if they do have some of the issues above. I've been contacted by buyers a few times, and after they explained their circumstances, I've added them to the exemption list and let them by. Never had an issue with those sales.

Talk to them and check out their account. If they seem trustworthy, you can try adding them to the exemption list and see if that's where the issue is.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply