cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical error but I can't get help from ebay

eBay relisted an item that I had sold out of. It subsequently sold and I followed the online Help menu to cancel the transaction but never got a page which asked me to confirm I wanted to cancel. I did NOT want to cancel as I don't want a defect on my account. This had happened before and I was able to call Support and get it sorted out. I tried using Chat and the agent said she couldn't remove defects. Now they are not taking calls so I don't know what to do next to appeal this potential defect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe let the buyer know of EBAY's error. Send a screenshot of all the people here this has happened to (including me) to show as proof. Let the buyer know that this issue could cause a defect during COVID when there is no assistance so you will just choose any way to cancel.

Then cancel the order yourself but choose under the drop down menu "the buyer wants to cancel."

This way there is no defect. It is possible you could get bad feedback though but likely not if you show the buyer how common this problem is. Good luck

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When this happened to me, To boot, they kept re-listing expired vitamins. They broke their own rules and to my knowledge, it still isn't fixed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for this advice! Unfortunately, when I went through the Cancel Order menu I choose Seller Cancellation and Out of Stock as the reason.  I did explain to the buyer that the item was relisted in error by eBay so that message is on record. Right now I have no defects, but even one is more than I want, especially as I did nothing wrong. Let's see if it shows up next month on my Seller Report. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply