cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious buyer for item

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Hello numisnorway,

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, xxxxx , because they aren't registered on eBay.

Buyer with 2 months old 0 feedback account buys item, buyer has paid, contact information is the same on paypal as on ebay, paypal confirmed, paypal says ok to ship.

ebay says don't ship and try to intercept the package if shipped.

quite the contradictory information.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would call PP and see if there is anyway the "buyer" could retract the funds or if they suspect fraud.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Honestly, I would do what ebay advises.  Paypal doesn't maintain your selling platform, ebay does.  And if anything goes wrong, ebay won't stand behind you, as little as they do. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Would i get this message if the buyer closed his account by himself?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

The reason i ask is because i suspect this might be due to privacy concerns for the buyer.

Chinese buyer.. somewhat high ticket item.

Buyer buys something, not wanting to be tracked by big brother,  deletes his account. eBay sees this as suspicious and flags the transaction.

Considering how automated everything is with ebay it would not suprise me if that is what has happened here.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@numisnorway wrote:

quite the contradictory information.

eBay has just told you that the buyer has done something on eBay that forced eBay to kick them off their site

The fact that the buyer has not also done something on PayPal that forced PayPal to kick them off their site is not a "contradiction". 

It simply means that eBay knows something that PayPal doesn't. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

It didn't say anything about getting kicked of the site etc.

Found this 2 year old thread over at r/ebay:

"I’ve had this happen to me twice. The buyer paid and then for whatever reason decides to close their account immediately after I shipped. eBay freaks out, removes my listing and tells me not to ship. The items got delivered and the money stayed in my PayPal account. Hopefully the same thing happened to you."

Message 7 of 7
latest reply