cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious buyer for item

i have a currently active auction for a desktop CPU and ebey has been spamming me with emails every so often for the last day saying "We had to cancel bids for the buyer, [buyer's name taken out],  because they aren't registered on eBay".

I keep checking my listing and it still shows that they still hold bids on the item, so clearly ebay hasnt "cancel[led] bids for the buyer". what should i do about this? i want ebay to stop spamming me

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

click on buyer's account and see if he is still a registered member.

If not and bids are stiff active, then cancel them youself.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@computer_whiz123 Yes, do what Emerald said above.

Are those the only bids on the listing? If there are no other bids you may consider ending the listing early (after canceling the invalid bids) and re-list as Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If this is about the cpu ending in a few hours, it is likely too late for you to cancel bids.  Bids can't be cancelled if less than 12 hrs remain in auction.

And yes, see your "unregistered" bidder.  Buyers use IDs for many reasons besides buying.  So beware!!

If your winner is highly suspicious, you may have to take a trip down the cancel sale yourself yellow brick road.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What makes you think eBay is sending the e-mails? People don't have to register on eBay to buy.  They can bid or buy as a "guest."  Besides, eBay doesn't just cancel bids unless the legitimate account holder requests they be canceled because the account has been hijacked. I suggest you ask eBay if the e-mails are for real. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Your "non-registered" bidders numbers.  If a word came to mind, it would be.........

Impressive? 

And still going strong!

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 1557
Items bid on: 1293
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 0% Help
Bid retractions: 73
Bid retractions (6 months): 81

Message 6 of 6
latest reply