cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Sales Promotion

So I had a sale running - it was wrong so the c/s rep yesterday cancelled it and started a new one.  I understand eBay started the wait 12 or something rule a while back but now the c/s rep said it could take 24-48 hours before it kicks in. Hoping for the best I checked it right now and nope it's not showing yet. eBay I understand your trying to squeeze every last scheckle out of every single sale but perhaps if you just went ahead and activated my sale we both might make a little more money. Every major retailer is running sales already - can I join in?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Stupid Sales Promotion

@dazzlecity 

I understand your frustration.   There have been ongoing issues with promotions for well over a month, maybe longer.   

There is a thread on the Technical Issues board that eBay staff are responding to, but there is no update yet as to when this is going to be fixed.

Here is the link to the thread on the Tech Board

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Promotion-Manager-Markdown-Sale-Delays-Follow-Up-To-W... 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Stupid Sales Promotion

Thanks Mc - it did finally kick in - hope it wasn't because I posted the post. I guess I'm an old timer now and remember when everything worked like it was supposed to.  My biggest concern is someone bought something at the full price just before - I'll just add some beads to her order and hope she's happy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Stupid Sales Promotion

@dazzlecity wrote:

Thanks Mc - it did finally kick in - hope it wasn't because I posted the post. I guess I'm an old timer now and remember when everything worked like it was supposed to.  My biggest concern is someone bought something at the full price just before - I'll just add some beads to her order and hope she's happy.

There is always a start time and end time to any sale that us sellers may have.  You do not need to feel bad if someone purchases an item just before a sale starts or even after one ends.  You are not obligated to throw in anything extra for the buyer.  Chances are they won't even notice.  Besides they were fine with the price, which is why they purchased in the first place.

If by some odd change the buyer does say something to you.  Then you may say you are glad they caught that, let me give you a little refund for the difference or whatever it is your feel appropriate without costing yourself more than you are willing to do.

Most buyers are very reasonable.  They aren't all problematic, those buyers are the minority.  But it is always in our best interest as seller to treat each customer with respect and as we'd like to be treated ourselves.  Most times it will pay off.  There will always be an extremely few buyers that no matter what you do, it isn't enough.  But fortunately for all of us, the are a real fraction of the buyers we deal with.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply