cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stores

Can anyone give me details on the stores, the pros the cons, I don't really understand them but I think it would help me.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Stores

@barbskib

Why do you think it will help you ?

What is your current selling limits ?  ( a store won't change that )

There are good things about a store.

But we need more info about you, and your product line.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Stores

You seem like a good seller.  There is lots of ups to a store.  You are in a ver competitive market with the clothes.  Its good that you trying other things.  We think it would work out for you.  The clothes are a tough market.  Best regards

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Stores

Clothes can sell well if you know what people want/need.

Can you tell me how the seller fees change with a store

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Stores

Are your sales enough to warrant a store?  Doubling your listings doesn't mean you will double your sales.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Stores

@barbskibwrote:

Can anyone give me details on the stores, the pros the cons, I don't really understand them but I think it would help me.

The primary advantages of a Store.

Slightly reduced FVF's

Lower cost listing fees (included listings and lower charge for additional listings

Other factors.

A Store page with your own custom categories which may bring more multiple item purchases (depends on what you are selling)

Promotion Manager

Vacation settings

Things a Store WILL NOT do.

Instantly increase yur visibility, instantly increase your sales, instantly increase your seller limits.

Bottom line at least initially is all about money and how much you may save on fees relative to the subscription cost of a Store.

If you decide to give it a try SO NOT sign up for an annual contract, go month-to-month until you are sure it's worthwhile. No harm in trying it out for a couple of months to see how it goes.

One other consideration is that some categories (not clothing) offer greatly reduced fvf's for sellers with a Store, if you sell in those categories the break even point is very low, in clothing the reduction is only 0.085% so it would require about $2500/month in sales to break even. In game consoles for example the break even point is less than $500/month

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Stores

A store is a monthly (or yearly) subscription that buys you a different fee structure and a few other features.

I said different fee structure fora reason - because a store could be less expensive, more expensive, or cost the same as having a store. That calculation is the heart of the decision-making process.

If you have selling limits (either in the number of items you can list, of the dollar limit of what you can list), getting a store subscription will not change those limits. 

For instance, if you have a monthly limit of 5 items and $500, getting a store would probably not make sense.

If you do not know what selling limits are or what the different between the fee structures is, then IMHO you need to learn more before getting a store.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply