cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stamps.com Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP)

Has anyone used this and filed a claim? I'm thinking of trying this out but I need to know when you file a claim, do you need a written confirmation/form/affidavit from the buyer saying they didn't receive the item. I called stamps.com and the guy said all I'll need is a copy of an email or ebay message from the buyer confirming loss. Is this true?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In the instructions Stamp.com gives for filing a claim is indicates "Attach a copy of a letter from the package recipient confirming the loss or damage you are claiming."

I think it safe to assume that a printed copy of an email = "a letter".

Especially when Stamps support has told you this.

I have no idea how many packages you lose but it would have to be a very high amount to make insurance worthwhile given the relatively low value of your items.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What type of seller buys insurance?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sam9876wrote:

What type of seller buys insurance?

The type that like to enrich insurance providers?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@slippinjimmywrote:

In the instructions Stamp.com gives for filing a claim is indicates "Attach a copy of a letter from the package recipient confirming the loss or damage you are claiming."

I think it safe to assume that a printed copy of an email = "a letter".

Especially when Stamps support has told you this.

I have no idea how many packages you lose but it would have to be a very high amount to make insurance worthwhile given the relatively low value of your items.

Yea I would think a copy of an email or ebay message would qualify as a "letter", but I'm wondering if the "letter" clearly has to state the buyer's name, address, item, value, etc... or if it can just be a simple member to member message saying "hey I didn't get it yet". The Stamps guy said the claim get's forwarded to a 3rd party who processes the claims, so I was hesitant to whole heartedly believe him (much like info given from ebay support).

For me, insurance is solely for all my international shipments that don't have DELCON. A good number of those end up filing INRs for me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply