cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold item disappeared

Hello, 

I received a message from a buyer wanting shipping status on a particular order. Within the message, it looks like the posted item was marked as "sold" but on my end i did not receive any notifications and the item is not on awaiting payment, nor ready to be shipped section. When I search by item number, the listing is not in any area of my ebay store and I do remember posting the item but it is not reflecting anywhere. I tried contacting ebay customer service but when given the option to select which order I am havingvyrouble with, the item is not there for me to select from and I cannot get a live human bring on the phone. I replied to buyer asking for email confirmation with order number so I can use that to investigate. Pending response.  Item is not in "archived" folder either. Not sure what is going on.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sold item disappeared

Did you receive this message through Ebay messages or to your regular email? This really sounds like a scam to get you to send something for free especially since you can't find it. 

If you care to share the (supposed) item number some of us might be able to offer some advice.

ETA: After looking at what you sell and have sold (at least on this ID) is very likely not a scam so maybe this person is confused on who they bought from 🤔.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sold item disappeared

A bit more information would help in researching what the issue may be. What is the item number? What is the actual item? Did you also check your ended listings in your seller hub, your draft's? 

Can you post a screenshot of the message?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sold item disappeared

@vrszshop 

Did they contact you thru eBay messaging?  Did you take this sale off of the eBay platform? You must always communicate thru the eBay platform and do not ship to any other address that is not on the invoice.  Sounds like it could be a scammer...just my thoughts.  Please be careful.  Tis the season. 

Happy Selling

Message 4 of 4
latest reply