cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold 'inactive' serial number (Beats)

I bought a brand new sealed pair of beats studio 3 headphones. I cannot update them through the beats updater and when I contacted Apple with the serial number they said the serial is inactive and they could be a duplicate pair? After I purchased the buyer told me that he got them from a friend whose radioshack had to close down. He then told me that they were already claimed as a loss via radio shack.  Am I able to open a case on this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The seller appears to have sold a bunch of these and has a no refund policy
But given the fact they can't be activated you should be ok to go to purchase history & file for a return .

Select doesn't work or defective or doesn't match description as it states unopened but it also says tested & works prefect.

return reasons 3-18.JPG 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"After I purchased the buyer told me...."

Did you mean to say the "seller" told me....

Anyway, as long as they're in the same condition as when you purchased them, why not just return them for a full return and the free return shipping that you're seller offers?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller appears to have sold a bunch of these and has a no refund policy
But given the fact they can't be activated you should be ok to go to purchase history & file for a return .

Select doesn't work or defective or doesn't match description as it states unopened but it also says tested & works prefect.

return reasons 3-18.JPG 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That makes them SNAD. File a case. Ebay will send you a return label and you will get refunded when they show delivered. It's a hassle but it's better than being stuck with nonperforming headphones. They're probably fakes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply