cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I have to manually end all my listings now after they sell?

Yes I understand all BIN listings are GTC. I thought GTC, was good until canceled or sold. I swear that exact verbiage was used somewhere but now it just says good til canceled. So I list an item with quantity one, it sells and the listing exists still with quantity 0. And will keep renewing every month with quantity 0. Until I manually cancel it. Wow, that is really shady and slimy on ebays part. More work, less profits, just like every other update.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@buyselljack2016   explained there is a zero quantity active listing feature that you have to opt into.  You must have done that at some time over the past couple years.  You can opt out if you do not want this feature to be active.

Go to your site preferences and this feature is the first one at the top of the page.  You can change it very easily if you want to.

Good Luck Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@around-the-block 

If you are not using the "out of stock (OOS) option in site preferences your quantity of 1 item will end when it is sold.

If you are using the OOS then it would go to "0" allowing you to sell another of that item by going in to revise adding stock.  It would stay in your"active selling", but would not be searchable by buyers.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have had two listings relist themselves for some reason. Fortunately I had stock I set aside for over the counter customers. So Ebay relisting out of stock listings doesn’t surprise me.

All I can offer for advice is to watch your listings to see if something automatically happens that you don't want. Then, take appropriate steps.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@buyselljack2016   explained there is a zero quantity active listing feature that you have to opt into.  You must have done that at some time over the past couple years.  You can opt out if you do not want this feature to be active.

Go to your site preferences and this feature is the first one at the top of the page.  You can change it very easily if you want to.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The OP didn't necessarily opt in to OOS. I had never used it and found 2 IDs where the OOS option had been checked after the GTC mandate took effect.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I can't even find this setting. I SURELY did not opt into it, there is no way. I don't even know what it is or where it is.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Nevermind, I found it and it was checked. It must be checked by default, I never did it. I had never even used a GTC listing until I was forced to this month. Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply