cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small/Partime Sellers of Vintage Antique Collectibles need to test search results with filters

I just tested some of my items and find something that is not what I would have expected or hoped for. When entering a search with a Free Shipping filter on a item that there may only be a few of on Ebay. Unless one of those items has Free Shipping, it appears there are NONE on Ebay. Otherwords you get no results at all. Not even the option to see the ones that are not free shipping. 

When search done with Free returns only,  the ones I have on promoted listings show up . Just the SPONSORED LISTING of which mine have a NO RETURNS POLICY on. 

I wonder how GD filters affect those type listings. 

This need to get changed

Please check some of your items and see if you get the same result. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Small/Partime Sellers of Vintage Antique Collectibles need to test search results with filters

I'm not sure what you mean. If you are searching for something with free shipping and there are NO items with free shipping, I would expect to get zero results. 

If that were the case, I'd then remove the free shipping filter to see what is available. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Very true, but do end users understand or do that? When it is a unique item, I would hope it would offer some result. So many are hooked on the free shipping of new product. Free Returns and now guaranteed delivery. Do they just leave those filters in place, or flip them back and forth. 

I am not a whiner or trouble maker, I just want to find out why views / sales have dropped so dramatically and find some way to get my business back on track.

I would offer returns and free shipping (has to be built in to price-so its not really free-if that makes everyone feel better)  if they would do something about enforcing returns policies with false INAD situation for free returns and extortion attempts. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Most buyers of unique/antique/vintage don't care about free shipping - or even fast shipping. They want the item packed well so it gets to them safe. And we(because I am a buyer of said items) know packing supplies cost money.

I would never click on the free shipping unless I am purchasing only one of a commodity item - if I wanted more than one item from a sellers listings, it would be from one who combines shipping, not rolls it into the price.

I understand, we are pro's at ebay search.  Sorting lowest to highest with shipping accomplishes the same task. I never use the free , returns filters at all myself. 

Most likely a lot of the seasoned buyers in these categories are search pros.  I just don't feel like every buyer is.

Packing supplies are one of my bigger expenses. 

Don't get the free shipping on individual items, can understand it with order size. That's the only time it becomes in some sense free to a buyer.  

Realistically even if they showed unique non-free shipping items in lower search placement , might be so buried it wouldn't be found anyhow if all that similar stuff comes up. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply