cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking! Did Google search. No eBay items. Did eBay search.. Shocked again..

Want / need to buy an item.  New..

I started first with basic Google search. 

Looking  ðŸ‘€ at several items..from different stores..

No eBay items at all shown.

Then doubled back here & did specific eBay search for same category of item.

Looking  ðŸ‘€ at several items here...

Shocked that item here listed on eBay said in description go to Amazon to read more about my item!!!

I thought we were never allowed to take any sales off eBay but this is selective!

So far have not purchased item I am looking / needing to buy.

Been selling here 21 years & sales are nonexistent to slow as molasses.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What search criteria did you use on eBay search? I will try it and see what results I get.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Didn’t want to mention item I’m looking to buy that I’m  searching for so as not to get that seller in trouble.

Just saying it happened.

1) No eBay items in Google search.

2) EBay description sends buyer, in this case me, to Amazon.

Nowadays one’s listed items are on pages with others promotions, ads, competitors items, etc.

It’s no wonder everyone’s business is down here.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nowadays one’s listed items are on pages with others promotions, ads, competitors items, etc.

It’s no wonder everyone’s business is down here.

I noticed that very same thing yesterday when searching for a product.  There was an ebay link on google and I chose that to have a look.  The landing page was a mess! It advertised things along the top that I looked at a couple of weeks ago, hid all but the one listing for the most part and advertised like items that I did not want under that.   Fine print said "see more new and used from $9.99" under the  giant generic advertisement.   I chose that. 

Well all of those were from the same seller (the only seller presented) that racked up a bunch of negs on a regular basis.  No matter what 'sort' I used, only that seller's products were visible.  All duplicate listings with a few cents difference in price. 

I did the search on ebay, got the same seller on the  giant  product page and one other seller that shipped for free from the UK??? Apparently, that guy did not like shipping the product either judging from the feedback. 

I went to Amazon and purchased.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just trying to help by seeing what results I would get. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply