cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping today was certainly a good idea after the long weekend...

So I didn't ship Friday because of freezing rain (only 14 customers were affected by this), and today I did all my shipping, 47 USA & International and 13 for Canada & UK. I even risked getting a ticket to ship the Canadian ones because there's some event downtown and the parking lot was full (there's places for permit holders and they're almost always empty, but you can get a ticket if you park there).

With the long weekend, people were waiting a few days for me to ship. Well it's a good thing I was able to get out and do that today because we're getting freezing rain right now and it's forecasted to go on tomorrow morning. That means once again I will be staying home and not shipping. However today there were only 3 packages to go out when I checked after work (if you buy from me after I finish work you usually have to wait a day, I print my packing slips at 5pm for the next day's shipping). I have had more sales since 5pm, but they weren't going out until Thursday.

In this case I'm not notifying anyone, it's only one day delay in shipping and I haven't packed them, so everyone knows it hasn't even shipped yet.

I get that it's winter right now, but freezing rain is not seasonal in Canada in February. Right now we should be 10 below freezing and getting snow every few days to the point it's 3 feet high beside your driveway. There is no snow on my front lawn.

C.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I live in Wisconsin (near Milwaukee) and they are saying we should be getting freezing rain tomorrow. I'm glad that I haven't had sales since going to the post office today.  I'm top rated plus, so that is one day shipping.  My driveway is 1/4 mile long with a bit of a hill.  I have had enough of winter!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Inclement weather is just one of many reasons I gave up on 1-day shipping and switched to 3-day shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mementomoria wrote:

I live in Wisconsin (near Milwaukee) and they are saying we should be getting freezing rain tomorrow. I'm glad that I haven't had sales since going to the post office today.  I'm top rated plus, so that is one day shipping.  My driveway is 1/4 mile long with a bit of a hill.  I have had enough of winter!!

We're getting that right now. It was little ice pellets last night, so the roads weren't so bad today, and mid afternoon the snow picked up. We've gotten about 3 inches or so, so far.

I have to go into the city tomorrow to be at the office, whether the roads are bad or not. I'll take some parcels with me tomorrow, but am definitely planning to ship on Friday.

C.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

Inclement weather is just one of many reasons I gave up on 1-day shipping and switched to 3-day shipping.

I've got 10 days handling on mine. Lots of people in the forum gripe about how no one needs this much time, but none of my packages are ever shipped late, so my metrics are in tact. I get the odd message from a buyer asking why it will take so long for them to get it, and I just explain the handling is 10 days (so eBay is predicting I will use all 10 days before I ship), but realistically I ship in 2-3 days and items arrive about a week after I ship them. Buyers are happy and I have lots of feedback for quick shipping.

C.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply