cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the value.

On my sons ID; he told me to try and sell a bunch of hacky sack balls due to his departure for college this spring. After looking at these little balls on this site I need help fixing a price because some are listed for almost pennys and some are over $ 500.00. WOW.  Any suggestions on how to set a value or how are some of the very expensive costs for these little balls determined. Any suggestions appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Setting the value.

Some online sellers put an unreasonably high price so that no one would buy the item because the listing is not complete yet.

Just set it at a price that is competitive, for a profit and with due consideration to all costs involved. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Setting the value.

Research, research, research!!  Google each one - pick 10 or so from various sellers and venues - high and low - determine the true condition of each ball - then pick a $ in the middle and go for it....  This may take hours to do - but if you hit the jackpot... 

Just like vintage records, baseball cards, aprons, toys, comic books, etc. - while some markets value them as garbage - remember that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Items will sell to interested buyers, granted some will sell within minutes, while others may take years, but whatever the item sells for as an average is considered 'fair market value'at that time.  If I had the comic books I had 50 years ago.... I could be living in a mansion today and never have to work again.  😞

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Setting the value.

Research current selling prices, not just listing prices or buy it now offers

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Setting the value.

Click this search showing the completed listings for Hacky sack balls or bags. I am unsure if there is a difference ball/bag. The sales price in green shows the items that have sold, black are listing that went unsold. Most recent first

You can cange it to sort by highest first.

one auction went unsold on Dec 1 $500; then sold at $350 a week later, which contained vintage 1970s or 1980s NIB footbags; and other what looked like leather "official footbags"; It looks like these can actually sell for less than $25 ea. used, and for NIB somewhere under $100 for Best Offer. Used, vintage leather Foot bags may go for $25.

If your son is just going to college right now, I would doubt he has Hacky Sacks that are about 20 years older than he is, unless he collected the vintage ones somehow.

The most expensive knit type bag was vintage never used and the seller knew the brand.

Brand new knit bags (guatamal, etc) aren't going for more than $2ea, so I'm not sure that the used ones are worth anything even if you have a ton of them.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply