cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an Offer

Don't know if this is an eBay system glitch or something else, I am not seeing and missing.

Nearly every one of my items for sale are BIN and make offer. I see an item on my send offer page that I want to send an offer to a buyer on. 

However, when I click on it and try to send the buyer a lower price, the page in bright red letters tells me I am not allowed to send an offer on this item even though it is on my send offer page.

Sort of defeating the purpose of the send offer page.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sending an Offer

@gooseislandcollectibles wrote:

Thanks for your answers but as I mentioned why would it appear on the send offer page?

I'm not 100% positive, but my understanding is that eBay will only allow a buyer to receive a certain amount of Seller Offers in a given time frame. If other sellers just sent offers to the buyer you see on your Send Offer page, you will be blocked in red letters from sending an offer. It happens all the time. So, when the item was first added to your Send Offer page, it was eligible, but by the time you got around to it, the buyer already received other offers. If eBay didn't restrict the number of offers a browsing buyer receives, his inbox might be swamped with offers....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sending an Offer

Sometimes there are items that eBay will not allow you to send offers. I see this quite  bit. I have not figured out their algorithm for this action but it is not unusual.  I just keep on going to something else and don't worry about it. It is probably not gonna change.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sending an Offer

Some buyers "opt out" of receiving offers. If they have no offer can be sent.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sending an Offer

Thanks for your answers but as I mentioned why would it appear on the send offer page?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sending an Offer

@gooseislandcollectibles wrote:

I'm not 100% positive, but my understanding is that eBay will only allow a buyer to receive a certain amount of Seller Offers in a given time frame. If other sellers just sent offers to the buyer you see on your Send Offer page, you will be blocked in red letters from sending an offer. It happens all the time. So, when the item was first added to your Send Offer page, it was eligible, but by the time you got around to it, the buyer already received other offers. If eBay didn't restrict the number of offers a browsing buyer receives, his inbox might be swamped with offers....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sending an Offer

Thank you for the response. This happened only one before and it was many years ago and I could not remember what the answer was that was posted. Like all of us I am looking to make any sale any way possible so I send offers as soon as I can when eBay post them on my page. Thank you again!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply