cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Offer Feature Not Adding Up

E-Bay presented the option to send an offer for an item I am selling.  It has 94 watchers, which I know not all of those would get an offer, depending on their e-mail preferences, location (non-delivery area, etc).  I clicked the button to start  the offer, and it says at the top that 30 people are interested.

I thought this meant 30 people would receive the offer.  That "interested" people would be those eligible to actually receive offers on the item, who had watched it.  I thought that was 1/3 of the watched group, so worth sending out an offer.

So I sent the offer, and under manage offers, it shows that an offer was sent to 9 people.  What happened to their being 30 "interested" people?

The numbers in the offer system don't seem to add up.  I wasn't expecting 94 offers to be sent, but when it then filters that number down to 30, I did expect 30 offers to be sent. 

What are the filters that filter it down from 94 to 30 and then to 9?  Why couldn't they just tell you that 9 up front, instead of making it look like 30 people would get the offer?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It could be a bug from the manage offers view that shows a record of only 9 offers sent but 30 offers were indeed sent. The manage offers view on some of my listings stopped creating new entries when I sent new offers.

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You don't say if you had sent an offer previously. If some of those 90 people had received your previous offer, they would not be eligible to receive this offer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Really?  I have had offers from sellers for multiple items that they had listed and I put in my watch list.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No.  This was the first offer.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply