cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

I'm done selling on EBAY  because of your OUTRAGIOUS FEE's and it's bull**bleep** I should have to wait up to 30 days to get paid. EBAY should pay me interest on the money they hold plus !!! charging there percentage on TAX. Your criminals !!!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Selling

Fees, and hold policy are clearly stated on eBay, but unfortunately it does not pop up as a "WARNING", and is missed by many sellers.

All fees are legal as they are available policies in writing on the site..

Holds are legal, as such hold policies are available in  writing on the site.

They are in the user agreement that we all concur with when we sell.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Selling

You seem to have been buying a lot but only listed and sold one item recently. Cannot tell when you last sold before that. YES, eBay has LOTS of rules and hold requirements that impact new or infrequent sellers and eBay fees keep increasing while the service declines. This is today's eBay. You may just as well be better off not selling on eBay if you can't put up with all of their rules and fees. I would not blame you. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Selling

We wish you all the best!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Selling

@fireman612 

You do realize that Ebay isn't here? This is a community discussion forum for buyers and sellers.  Sorry you are upset.  The e commerce platform is not for everyone.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Selling

Every payment processor everywhere fees the tax. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Selling

When you post here, you are not addressing eBay regarding its fees.  These Boards are composed of many, many experienced eBay buyers and sellers who volunteer their help when they can.  

So, to recap, the fees are not our fees and we are not criminals.

Any complaints you have regarding fees need to be addressed to the origin of same, which would be eBay.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Selling

You were selling a prohibited item anyways.

Contrary to what you posted ......  Your listing did NOT comply with ebay policy

What is the policy?

• BB guns, pellet guns, airsoft, air rifles and air pistols may be sold as long as they follow these rules:
  • Airsoft guns must have a blaze orange barrel plug permanently attached, and may not be converted to shoot any lethal projectile
For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Selling

Fees and policies are posted, so they shouldn’t be a surprise. Even so, afraid those funds holds take a lot of new and infrequent sellers by surprise. eBay is not the place to make fast money to make rent.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Selling

Wow.  Feel better. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Selling

@fireman612 wrote:

I'm done selling on EBAY  because of your OUTRAGIOUS FEE's and it's bull**bleep** I should have to wait up to 30 days to get paid. EBAY should pay me interest on the money they hold plus !!! charging there percentage on TAX. Your criminals !!!

You are viewed as a new seller. You are going to pay the dues until you earn the right to sell with the regular sellers (and that is the way it should be).

As far as the % on tax....well that has been discussed here ad nauseam. I'm not even going to bother with that.

As far as being "DONE" with selling on ebay, it doesn't look like you ever really started. You need a regular stock of items coming in to have the same perks as the rest of us that have regular sales, a store, paying the fees, and all around putting up with all of ebay's rules. That's a fact of life here. You either roll with it or you don't.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Selling

I have been selling on Ebay for many years and the I sell a lot of Vintage Pellet Guns -BB Guns.

I recently had a listing cancelled because the person reviewing it thought it was either a replica or an Airsoft,

Either way it took me 11 days and 5 phone calls to finally get Arthur with the cancelled listing group.

Arthur stated that ALL BB, Pellet Guns must have the Orange tip and he would allow me to relist the items if they all had an orange tip,. He also stated that he was not removing the violation from my account because I have been warned.

Arthur sucks and is wrong!!!!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Selling

@fjoe40gorilla wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay for many years and the I sell a lot of Vintage Pellet Guns -BB Guns.

I recently had a listing cancelled because the person reviewing it thought it was either a replica or an Airsoft,

Either way it took me 11 days and 5 phone calls to finally get Arthur with the cancelled listing group.

Arthur stated that ALL BB, Pellet Guns must have the Orange tip and he would allow me to relist the items if they all had an orange tip,. He also stated that he was not removing the violation from my account because I have been warned.

Arthur sucks and is wrong!!!!!

Rather than post at the tail end of an old thread, you would be better served by the community to start a new topic where your voice is heard. It can get confusing when folks begin to comment on the OP’s post, not realizing it has been resurrected by a current poster. Good luck and hope this all ends to your benefit. 

Btw, it looks like your items are missing the blaze orange tip you mention in your post as a condition of relisting?

There is no skirting the rules here; once a listing gets removed you are scrutinized more and need to be extra careful about following the policies. Penalties are cumulative and escalate with multiple infractions.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply