cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling a vintage mink fur internationally

Do i need a license to sell internationally a vintage Mink fur coat ? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@gaia1751 

You do not need a license to sell a fur coat.

You do need to ascertain quickly what countries prohibit "real fur" garments thru customs, so it is not seized.

Israel prohibits the sale of all fur and that likely means it also cannot be imported in.  Russia also comes to mind on these types of items. 

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You may not need a license but you need to check the import laws for any country you are planning on selling to. Many countries, New Zealand for example, have restrictions on importation of animal fur. And FYI  California has a law that goes into effect in January the prohibits the sale and quasi import of furs. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you all for the information. The Vintage mink fur coat would go to Switzerland from the USA. I see there are no restrictions to sell to Switzerland. Many years ago a friend of mine sold a vintage coat with a mink fur trim to Russia. The item came back with a warning from the USA Wildlife authorities that my friend needed a license or so.  When I contact the US Fish Wildlife Service it's hard to get a straight answer. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I’m in the UK and I’ve just sold a mink trapper hat and posting to the USA but it’s been stopped at the International Shipping Depot saying item restricted and now I don’t know what to do

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply