cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling U.S. Currency

Can anyone inform me how sellers are able to sell a $1 Dollar bill for $1 Dollar and free shipping and make a profit?  I don't understand how sellers are able to make a profit with ebay, paypal, and shipping charges.  Also, many don't seem to know that much currency that is being sold or basically given away at cheap prices are more valuable than $1 to $3 dollars.  I have seen binary, radar, quad doubles and other collectible bills sold for a couple of dollars.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Selling U.S. Currency

There is no profit at 1.00 and free shipping unless its a fake dollar and still should be a total loss.  Best regards

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

It could be the seller is below standard or has other defects that can be offset by a bunch of quick sales.  Or he's hoping to pad his feedback score.

Joe

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

Yes a lost leader hoping to get buyers to look at other items he has.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

Harvesting email addresses.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

thanks for the response.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

Never thought about padding feedback score. Thanks.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

Something I would of never thought of someone doing. Thanks.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Selling U.S. Currency

After a hard day of standing on the freeway onramp with the little cardbaord sign and hat held out, he has to come home and list the bills so he can take a loss so he doesn't get hit with so much capital gains taxes?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 9
latest reply