cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller wants to ship internationally but struggles with the system

I purchased something from a seller on eBay (not paid yet); in the add he states he is willing to ship internationally, but the eBay ad itself seems to not allow it. Is there a way for the seller to change it in the system so he can actually use my local shipping address instead of my secondary shipping address in the USA? 

Ironically, the seller lives in Spain, and my shipping address is in the Netherlands. I don't want him to ship the item to the USA and me then having to pull it back to the EU; that is ridiculous. 

There has to be a way for the seller to augment either his account or the ad so he can ship to other locations than the USA? Because that's what the ad allowed, and nothing else (even though he stated in the written part of the ad that he has no issue with international shipping, and honestly, Spain -> NL is way less of a hassle than EU -> USA). 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@orpheoguitars 

It would be  helpful to see the listing.......

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I wasn't sure if that was allowed. Privacy things etc. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186163470178

Obviously, it is I who won this auction 🙂 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I looked at the listing, the seller only ships to the US. 
If you don’t receive the item by the last estimated date of delivery you can open an item not received case through MBG. 
See Returns, items not received, and refunds for buyers. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

The seller said explicitly that he will ship worldwide; heck, it's even in the ad title. For some reason, he is unable to make it work in the listing itself, as if it is only shipping to the USA instead of worldwide. How can this be changed to reflect his wishes (and obviously, mine)

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@orpheoguitars 

I had a problem a while back shipping jewelry to other countries.  Both packages were returned to me because they were stopped at customs & those countries did not allow jewelry to be shipped in internationally.  Thankfully one of my customers had a summer home in the US and the I refunded the other with no problems.  Just a thought as to why this might be happening. If you want them to ship to your home in the US, update your address in your shipping profile. 

Have a great day. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Sorry but that is not what is happening. I'm writing literally this: 

"Ironically, the seller lives in Spain, and my shipping address is in the Netherlands. I don't want him to ship the item to the USA and me then having to pull it back to the EU; that is ridiculous. "

Seller lives in Spain. I live in the Netherlands. 

Ad is listed as only shipping TO the USA. 

Seller nor I know how to alter it, so the ad allows to ship to my country.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

If I use my USA shipping address, I can complete the payment just fine, but that is stupid. To ship to the USA, and then back to the Netherlands, will not just cost a lot in shipping costs but also in VAT, which is totally ridiculous. 

How can the seller edit his ad, so the eBay system allows us to use my EU shipping address. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I noted the seller is located in Poland. The item in Spain. Something isn’t right. I wouldn’t entertain buying from this person. 
Seams like a hacked account. Red flag…suddenly selling an expensive watch. The ID hasn’t had any activity in more than a year. 
I would run not walk from this…it’s good you didn’t pay. 

Find a seller with more of a recent good selling history.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@orpheoguitars wrote:

Seller nor I know how to alter it, so the ad allows to ship to my country.

To accomplish this on the USA site, the seller would simply edit his listing, go to the "International shipping" section,  and add Netherlands as a shipping location.

Hopefully someone can offer a screen shot. I use Business Policies for shipping so my screen is probably not the same as your seller's.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

They can't edit a listing after purchase.  You won the auction, which was completed under the terms they specified in eBay's system, however inadvertently, which means they only ship to the US, but they're free to use another method to purchase a shipping label to you in Spain.  They just likely won't be able to purchase it from eBay directly.  That's fine, and they can still input the tracking number to mark it as shipped, but if you can't pay without entering a US address, they'll need to cancel the order and relist with the proper shipping settings selected.  They can relist as fixed price,  meaning you don't have to wait for another auction to complete.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@ebooksdiva 

I noticed that after I left the reply for the OP.  From the looks of the stock photo may be a possible drop shipper.  New seller with only one sale as well. @orpheoguitars  I would request to cancel the sale.  This whole listing looks shady.  Would hate to see you get scammed. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@orpheoguitars 

Just trying to be helpful and providing some reasons as to why.  However the more I look at this listing the more something just doesn't look right.  You stated they are located in Spain, they are located in Poland.  This is possible drop shipper.  Some drop shippers are not honest.  I would hate to see you set up for a possible scam.  I would re consider this whole transaction.  Be careful. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

The listing ended, so it can’t be edited. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller 

The seller’s item is located in Spain, the seller is located in Poland. Although in the listing the sellers claims he’s in Spain. The OP is in the Netherlands.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply