cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub - Seller Level

When do transaction defects stop counting against you on the transaction defect report?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER
7 REPLIES 7

Since I don't do 400 transaction in any 3 month period, they stay there for a year, right?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@daspotter wrote:

Since I don't do 400 transaction in any 3 month period, they stay there for a year, right?

The past 12 months.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@daspotter wrote:

@daspotter 

Correct... eBay looks back a full 12 months. It only feels like an eternity...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I had one defect that should have never been a defect. It was a year before it finally came off. I had sold a antique brooch...when I went to get it ready for shipping, it broke. I had no choice but to write the buyer and tell them it broke while getting it ready to ship. I sent pictures, so they believed me. The seller was cool about it but did not want the brooch , which I totally understood. I did not have another antique brooch to replace it with...so I had to refund the money. I don't know if I did it wrong or what but ebay held it against me saying I didn't have any stock, etc...well, it was a ooak brooch, of course I didn't have any more. I wrote eBay, was denied to have it taken off the defect, then I decided to call. My account was perfect accept for this one defect. I called and talked to an agent and she told me oh, I will fix that for you. It should fall off in a week or so...well that never happened. I finally wrote again and they said it won't come off until 1 year from date of sale....it was not fair, and no one would listen to me. So, I get that cleared off my Seller Hub and they zapped me because one of my tracking numbers didn't go over to the listing where the seller could see it, I didn't realize it didn't transfer over there because I went on a week vacation and they held that against me saying that I didn't do the tracking uploaded on time and validation. They knocked me from 100% to 98.96%! Again, I am on vacation where I don't even get internet connection and because a tracking number didn't move over the the listing once I made the shipping label, they automatically always have, I get graded down for it....again, making my Selling Level drop in that area. It's just not fair, and there is no easy way to talk to someone about it. Even if you do, they say they will make it right, but don't. I work very hard at my eBay....and how eBay grades me is super important to me....to some maybe not, but it is to me....I feel like I have no one that will listen....and they knock me down grade wise and don't let me explain....yet, I have to take what they say.....I don't like that....there are always 2  sides to a story....and by not making it easy for the sellers to communicate when something like this happens is not good "customer" service......Sellers are customers to eBay just as buyers are to sellers...I just want to be heard....and if they still feel the same way, fine, but at least I will walk away knowing that someone listened that could potentially change it if they find I am correct. Sorry I stretched his out a bit.....guess I had to get that off my  chest...lol 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply