cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$$ Scrounge Lounge $$$ Harvesting Sales for September 2018

🙂  hey hey hey!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge!

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Last month's thread here!  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-Dog-Days-of-Summer-August-2018/m-p/28808996#M1...

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

I will have to remind myself next year that AUG with the end of summer Labor Day weekend doesn't help for sales, everyone out enjoying life and vacations. 

I miraculously had one sale and one offer that I counterofferred, then she did the same....not accepting the nickle and diming.  She offered $19 on a $39.00 item. WHAAAA? I said $30, she counters $25. LATER.

Hi again to Bonnie-Lass!  I have an ongoing saga with lawnmowers.

I think I got off cheap this time.

THANKFULLY. 

Sun, LMAO at myself with the stuck pull rope. That sucker wasn't pulling because there was so much grass built up underneath the blades couldn't turn.  I was sitting in the garage waiting for Robin to come over and tilted the mower and saw the buildup and scraped it all out.

I had stopped at Robins and told her the rider wouldn't "MOVE" in gear (It was slowly getting worse), so she came over to look.

Some rubber belt underneath at the rear was completely gone, a little bit of rubber was still stuck in there, she can fix that here, ordered the part from her dad so my yard work for the fall should be good to go! YES!

Still haven't gotten the bill for my rusted out brake lines..no way I have that! UNLESS my neice buys some family quilts that I offered her to buy...I can't afford to hand them down!  She is married, has lots of money and no kids "DINK" Double Income No Kids.

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

@mississippi*mercantile wrote:

I will have to remind myself next year that AUG with the end of summer Labor Day weekend doesn't help for sales, everyone out enjoying life and vacations. 

Forget that old eBay conventional wisdom:

• Not "everybody" is on vacation
  • Even those out "enjoying life" and on vacation can shop eBay (or Amazon, Macy's, Walmart...) on their phones.

"In demand" stuff, at the right price, and presented well, sells 24/7.

Message 3 of 120
latest reply

Oh, Gee, thanks for the TIP.
What do you know about "In Demand" stuff? It's a HUGE jump from undies to collectibles.
Message 4 of 120
latest reply

Just ignore the helpful advise there MM. Not everyone is nice.

It just takes a while to sell some stuff. Seems to go in groups. Yes on the **bleep** offers. Annoying things. People think this is a bargain basement selling place. Then there are the wonderful people that pay full price and when receiving the item actually leave nice feedback. Sure wish there were more people like that.

Hang in there sales will pick up soon I hope.
Message 5 of 120
latest reply

Oh but now you know how to check the mower for problems and how to fix that part. Also glad you found this nice mechanic lady that will stop by and help with things. Wonderful deal.

Hope your niece buys several quilts and that pays for the brake line repair and the taxes. Would be great. Double income and no kids. Wow what a concept. Sure would help with the never ending bills around here.
Message 6 of 120
latest reply

hahah Sun. Yes, she is a godsend; so glad I found out by chance that the pull cord wasn't broken! I had to walk the front and sides and my osteo arthritis really BURNS my lower back and butt the whole time.
Yeah, I hope so too on the quilts. They are magnificent, would much rather sell them to nieces than here by far. She's going to ask her sister if she wants one too, both of them are well off, which is great for them, they deserve it. I may be taking a couple road trips to convene! I would love that. One is in Wisconny, one is in Aberdeen SD and has a cabin house in MN so a trip would be fun for me...I just worry because if "something happens" mechanically, I have no one to come rescue me!
Message 7 of 120
latest reply

Good Tuesday Morning All! Looks like most of you were out for the weekend and holiday enjoying life! 

I am pleased to see someone binned that item I had a lowball offer on, didn't have to wait very long for one of those 'nice buyers' Sun! An extra $15 was worth the short wait! Yippee Skippy!

Downpours here this morning, got soaked, took the trash to Ellens and put hers out and recyclables.  She didn't have any coffee on and was sleeping on the couch so I left, dropped off some pprwork at the accountants, and  now pack up a little sale from last week.  Then I need to fix my listings! Grrrr, too many GTCs, PITB to have to copy all the stuff to start over with auction format.

Took my cat Sylvia out to the DQ with me yesterday, she was very good but happy to get home too.  Lots of traffic coming back from the river on the state 'thorofare" where DQ sits. I had to sit there and wait to get out for a couple minutes. 

When I lived in CA (late 70s) I used to take a few young cats and the dog to the store, they'd get out, sometimes walk into the store too, and run around then put them back in the truck with no fuss.  Very VERY tiny town, so no traffic 🙂  

Message 8 of 120
latest reply

Don't blame you on not accepting the lowball offers. I don't think I've ever used the best offer feature; I'd just get frustrated. If I don't get my opener, that's fine.

Heart cath tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM; have to be at the local hospital at 5. I'll let you know in a couple days what's up.
Message 9 of 120
latest reply

Hi Kyal. BEST of everything tomorrow, we'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

I don't mind Best Offer, probably because I'm OK with saying No, It's the GTC that hasn't been favorable, there's no point if you want it SOLD asap.
Message 10 of 120
latest reply

Lately I've found if I get 2 or more offers on an item it suddenly sells at full price.... not sure why that is, but I've had about a dozen like that in the last 3 months or so.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 11 of 120
latest reply

Afternoon

TY for the new shiny Jill.

Just got home from errands.  Man it's hot n humid out there.  Was 93 on our way home...

Kyal, wishing you the very best w/the cath. tomorrow.  Let us know when  you can that your back home safe n sound 

I very very seldom use Best Offer.  I mainly stick to normal auctions....

Have to head out & water the posies again before starting dinner.  They're starting to droop a bit even tho I gave them all a good drink earlier before we left.

Hope everyone has a nice evening

Message 12 of 120
latest reply

🙂 dtex, That is what we play for!! 

Hi Pat! Good to 'see' you!  OM at the humidity here too, Just Killer. Went to the PO and all the big windows were dripping wet sweating top to bottom,  couldn't even see through them, course they have the AC cranked - not as high as usual - she said ppl were complaining it was too cold in there so she turned it up a bit.

I got soaked this afternoon again.  Ellen called that she'd finished patching some jeans for me, I looked to the East and saw some big banks coming in so I drove over there, ten minutes later a horrific downpour, happening again now.   Keeps on comin'! 

Message 13 of 120
latest reply

I feel stupid. LOL. My buyer didn't bin full price, it was the person who accepted my counter offer.  No problem but I didn't see it, just came up as sold with no reference to the offer, had to go "Find" it. 

Message 14 of 120
latest reply

Hey All.  Hope you are enjoying the first days of September.  It has been 90+ for the past 54 days.  You get used to it and live with it.  We do give thanks every day for Mr Carrier and his invention !

M*M, thanks for the new shiny.  Appreciate it.  Sounds like you are pulling a few sales.  Same here.  Most of the things we have been trying to sell to lighten the load here.  Have a few things to list for DH.  Imagine, he is selling something of his 🙂  Am probably going to start on the bottom 2 draws of sterling and silver plate this weekend.  Then on to the next chest or closet...

Kyal, hope your procedure went well this morning.  I was thinking about you.  Getting to the hospital at 5am is a PITA.

Sun, are you getting into harvesting time now.  Most here have done their third cutting and may get a fourth this year which is rare.  Looks like the midwest may get some more rain as a result of Gordon.

Time for a little nap 🙂  My favorite time of day and BigBoy like it, too.

Patd

Message 15 of 120
latest reply