cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales

I dont know about everyone else but my sales have come to a screeching halt.  Not selling anything and I now have 500 listings. So discouraging.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sales

Taxes are due April 15th...expect slow sales.

This is where "repeat buyers" come into play and are your best clients and one should sometimes...not always...but bend over backwards for them.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Sales

Thanks for listening and responding.  It is scary when you have bought all of these things and nothing is selling all of a sudden, but that makes since.  I will just have to be patient.  Have a great night. 🙂

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Sales

It's transitional time for clothing, and my experience has been that the secondary market tends to be a bit slow right now. Your sales seem to be ticking over with the same frequency as they have been, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Sales

Thank you! 🙂

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Sales

You're not alone in this, many sellers go through periods of slow sales, and it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with your listings or products.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Sales

A lot of people are on vacation this week being the week after the Easter holiday. And I am sure it will pick up after the eclipse (for eastern states) and then April 15th.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Sales

Thanks, I have only been doing this since last July, so it was freaking me out a little bit.  I sure appreciate everyone of you and your knowledge on this.  My husband had a heart attack  3 months ago, he is already back to work, but just trying to supplement our income to pay down those bills, so I was kind of in panic mode.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Sales

@teenaup ,

Looks like you sell at least one item every day and on most days you sell more. I think you are doing quite well for someone that just has 500 items listed.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Sales

Ok good.  I just started last July. That is good to know.  Thanks for your wisdom on this.  I sure appreciate you all of you commenting and helping out. 🙂

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Sales

@teenaup wrote:

Thanks, I have only been doing this since last July, so it was freaking me out a little bit.  I sure appreciate everyone of you and your knowledge on this.  My husband had a heart attack  3 months ago, he is already back to work, but just trying to supplement our income to pay down those bills, so I was kind of in panic mode.

Take the longer view - having no sales for a single day in a super-saturated category like clothing (for instance)  is no big deal. Another day you might have 8 sales or 10 says. It's best to look at patterns and your sales over the months. Also, on the subject of clothing (as that's one of the main things I sell), it's a tough category to be in because it's not only seasonal, but our competition is huge. You can't stop for a second insofar as keeping things fresh, getting rid of brands that are over-represented, that just don't sell or which  get only pennies, staying in-season, etc. Just keep going.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Sales

You have sold 137 items in the last 90 days. Many sellers would consider that good. You noted that you have only been doing this since July so over time you will get used to the ups and downs in sales. You are selling a lot of clothing which is probably one of the most saturated categories on eBay. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Sales

Bad economy, the average American is flat broke and cutting back on discretionary spending as a result of high inflation, lack of work opportunities, and sticker shock at the grocery store. We've seen mass corporate layoffs this year so far.

I just recently found work after close to 7 months of searching. I'm only working part time now, its all I can get, and many others are in the same boat.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Sales

It's kinda nuts to see you complaining about low sales. You're doing amazing!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Sales

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Bad economy, the average American is flat broke and cutting back on discretionary spending as a result of high inflation, lack of work opportunities, and sticker shock at the grocery store. We've seen mass corporate layoffs this year so far.

I just recently found work after close to 7 months of searching. I'm only working part time now, its all I can get, and many others are in the same boat.

Uh...not so much. Consumer spending is up, the economy is expanding and the labor market is strong (the tech sector is in its own world). I think this is just the usual sales fluctuations.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 16
latest reply