cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales down 90% **bleep** EBAY!!!!!!!!!

First, I have 2 accounts and this post is about my other account: Modifiedexperience

My sales were down almost 90% at one time during the past months, and I like many others became very frustrated.

I sell NOS parts, which can be somewhat competitive but sometimes I see only 1 or 2 listings in all of ebay for that same part.

so I began lurking on here and actually accidentally replied to a few threads with this account ( my other account stays open on chrome  for easy of listing/management between two accounts ) anyways...

I read all the threads, all the complaints, Bidenomics, the suggestions and of course the replies from the usual clown brigade who always seem to think that its never ebay's fault for anything.

I decided to take it all into consideration and  try every single suggestion.

which were:

- List everyday

- promote your listings at 11%

- Take better pictures

- Sell products that people actually want ( Since NOS often means obsolete parts that no one may be looking for )

- write better headlines

- fill out the fitment guide ( this is a lot of work when youre doing it manually , esp on NOS parts because you might have to search on scrib for old scanned pdf's etc etc )

- and lots more...

I did it all tirelessly for 2 - 3 months and the last 2 months my sales have been up 90%!!!!

just want to share some positive news about selling on ebay thats all.

Yes sometimes we are selling stuff that people don't and sometimes the ebay search does suck and you have to go to google to see your listing because your listings are not being pushed to the front due to ebay adapting a pay to play model, but...

don't give up! keep trying and something will work for you! 

* cheers *

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is not surprising that with work and brains you can make some money.

Some folks just can't get that message and can't accept that Ebay is what it is and either you find a way to live with it or you go find another way to make a buck.

With so many people singing the blues it is nice to hear a cheerful melody.

Thank you for a bright spot on this forum

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well positive news is always welcome, hope things continue to go your way. Happy selling.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Good on ya @freeshippingsurplus !!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@freeshippingsurplus Thanks for the encouraging words!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I love it, my sales bottomed out this year. So you can't blame just ebay, you have to look at the whole picture, woke up America. Bidenomics aint working, they do this every election, they kill us to death with high prices, they want all of our tiny pay checks, and then in 2024 for the election start dropping prices, woke up people. maybe its time to change your vote, get us back to The Trump comics, when people worked had great paying jobs, oh and spent money on what we all sell. My sales have dies, my bills are the same, and thats a bankruptcy in the making. So again its not all bays fault. its the economy. I pray for us all, and hope you all woke up. working two and three jobs to survive is stupid. MERRT CHRISTMAS TO US ALL! USALL!!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply