cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM WITH LOCAL PICKUP ONLY LISTINGS

Hi everyone ! I just learned a valuable and expensive to me scam . I listed an item for local pickup only which was a antique framed mirror picture frame . I offered to ship only if they took full cost and responsibility to take care of the shipping . I have done this many times in the past with no problems at all ! But not this time . Yes please don’t lecture me I have been a eBay seller for many years with excellent feedback and had never run into any problems such as this but .... I sold the frame , they never ask any questions prior to purchase and payment so I assumed when it sold they were going to pick it up locally . Well they payed worn PayPal ( my first mistake in not stating no PayPal only cash upon pickup ) they proceeded to message me and ask would I ship with ups pack n ship and I said yes as long as you pay and make all the arrangements to do so then I will drop it off at my local UPS . Next message ask would I remove the mirror from the frame before doing so and my reply was no it is sold as per the description in the listing ( reason for this is because mirror makes it very heavy and i knee it would cost a lot to ship is why I didn’t offer it ) they said ok I still want it . Well long story short I accomidated their request droppe it off got the guy to do they label while I was there so he could give me a receipt of receiving it on behalf of the buyer . Thought everything was fine unti..... after they received it they never messaged me or anything just proceeded to open a dispute saying that my measurements were off my a fraction of a inch 🙄. It wouldn’t fit their picture which it was not sold as a frame to insert a picture into it was sold as a finished framed mirror and I only had measurements for the outer frame so people would know what size area it would fit . Went on for days on eBay and eBay finally tells them it was a local pickup only and they would not refund their money and if they returned it the cost would be theirs to pay . So case closed there in my favor then they went to PayPal and couldn’t open a case . This all takes place with multiple emails and me showing proof of measurements exactly an they never provided any proof I had measured wrong . So they do a charge back with their credit card. I submitted all evidence of what took place And even their tracking number . PayPal just sided with the buyer and charged me $20 extra bucks !! So total out is $65 and they got to keep the frame ! Lesson learned and this is a big hit to me being a single mom and on disability also . Thanks everyone 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Also the frames value was way more than that I was moving and had to sell things to come up with the deposit on a new place so I priced it to sell quick !
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They also left retaliatory negative feedback when eBay wouldn’t refund them and eBay removed it also ! I had 100% feedback prior to this
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bbslusciousvintage wrote:

So they do a charge back with their credit card. I submitted all evidence of what took place And even their tracking number . PayPal just sided with the buyer and charged me $20 extra bucks !! So total out is $65 and they got to keep the frame ! Lesson learned and this is a big hit to me being a single mom and on disability also . Thanks everyone 

You did not provide a warranty of suitability to the buyer, for his/her intended use of the item.

At the very least the buyer should have been required to return the item to you at buyer 's expense.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hiii Do not I repeat do not ever ever use local pickup option on eBay app. I Got scammed big time 650$!!!! . They wanted to buy two pair brand new beats wireless  ASAP paid with PayPal  then drove 35 miles East to pick up  we exchanged seemed like a shady couple without saying what I wanna say ( you get the point) ! then two weeks later a chargeback got issued and Ebay sided with the charge backer for 650 2 pair beats brand new headphones. Ebay did give me a 500$ merchandise credit but still it took years to get back most of the loss incurred on what I bought with it and then resold It so do not use the local pickup feature cash only that and beware of fake big bills! The small circle on the bill will smudge if it’s a counterfeit bill! Again do not use local pickup on eBay ever ever ever! Because the scammer is probably using a stolen credit card and then that person realizes it two weeks later and seeks to get a refund!! And Ebay refuses to realize this scheme ! It’s bull**bleep** ! I will never use local pickup ever on eBay again not even if Jesus Christ himself goes on eBay and asks...amen! Beware of getting screwed if someone really wants to pay right away on Paypal for a local pickup only transaction. It’s a scam!!! Ship with tracking no matter what! And insurance if over 250$ because Usps will pay you by check if package gets lost 15-25 days later !  I’m Letscrushcovid19 on ebay check out my store if this info helped you and ty !

Message 5 of 5
latest reply