cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Around The Collar

I think someone a few days ago mentioned a product that will work on that but I forget what it was called and I can't find the thread.  A shirt I have is in beautiful condition everywhere except in the back of the neck/collar where the white is dingy.  I can't and won't sell as-is but before trashing it I'd like to give a try at getting it out.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Ring Around The Collar

Help Link

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

I have had great luck with stain stick.  Tide to Go, ect.  Put it on, rub it in and leave it set overnight.

If the dinginess is more gray than brown/beige, it might come out.   I have found that brown tends to mean that the body acids are eating into the fabric, and changing the chemical make up of polyester.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

It may have been this post/thread? http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-am-Disguted/td-p/27385039/page/3#

Post 43 by penguins

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

Oxi clean always works for me.  May take more than one time.  Soak it in as hot of water as the fabric can take.  A little Dawn never hurts either.  HTH!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

@klassic*kids wrote:

I think someone a few days ago mentioned a product that will work on that but I forget what it was called and I can't find the thread.  A shirt I have is in beautiful condition everywhere except in the back of the neck/collar where the white is dingy.  I can't and won't sell as-is but before trashing it I'd like to give a try at getting it out.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

It was me!

Melaleuca Pre-Spot 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

I make my own stain remover using 1 part Dawn and 2 parts peroxide. I've seen other recipes that add baking soda. Sometimes I have to repeat the treatment, but the stain usually comes out. It's never faded any colors so far.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

As you are not a regular poster you have no idea how this community works.  Instead of relying on anytihng I could find on the internet -- some good, some bad -- I threw the question out to my fellow boardies here as some can attest to what actually WORKS for them.

I would stay hang around here and learn how this board actually works, but with an attitude like what you've demonstrated we're probably better off if you don't.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

Rose, it's more of a brown color Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

Hi!  Yes, I usually use the blue dawn, baking soda, peroxide solution as well.  Has always worked on small stains on children's clothes for me.  Though I HAVE brushed it on too hard a couple of times and totally ruined -- looked like a bleach stain -- the garment.  I don't know if the solution is strong enough for this brownish, probably fron sweat, stain.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

Hi.  Thanks.  I will start with oxy clean.  Will run out tomorrow to pick some up.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

@penguins_dont_fly  Yes!  That's it!  Based on the responses here I am going to pick up some oxy clean and try that first as I am certain it is sold on walmart.  If I have no luck I will move on  to the Melaleuca Pre-Spot.  Where do you get that?

PS: Thanks everyone for all your responses.  Very appreciated.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

@klassic*kids

I get it from my friend who is a Melaleuca rep ... but even though it's against the Melaleuca agreement to sell it online, you can probably get it on here or on that other site that shall not be named here 🙂

It really is good stuff ... I once got ink out of a Tommy Bahama silk camp shirt with it (when I was still selling clothes).I was PO'd at myself for missing that spot when I bought the shirt, let me tell ya LOL, so I was determined to get rid of it 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@klassic*kids wrote:

It was me!

Melaleuca Pre-Spot 🙂

I only remembered it because melaleuca is Tea Tree Oil, and being an Aussie.....

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Ring Around The Collar

@drvsway2fast wrote:

Oxi clean always works for me.  May take more than one time.  Soak it in as hot of water as the fabric can take.  A little Dawn never hurts either.  HTH!

Be careful about Oxi clean if the wearer has the slightest bit of skin sensitivity.

I used it once and we all ended up in the emergency room with an awful rash.

Google it for more info.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply