cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to sender-buyer never claimed package

Hello,

I never had this happen so I'm asking for advice.  I had a package returned to me because the buyer never claimed the package.  Ebay shows it was delivered.  So my question is, how do I proceed with the items returned?  Buyer paid for the items and the shipping, I have not heard from the buyer at all.  So do I just put the items back up in my store or should I contact eBay or the buyer?  I would think a buyer would get in contact with the seller if they purchased items?? Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why does the buyer who never requested the package pay on ebay?? Apparently someone used their account and made a purchase and it's not your fault

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You could contact they buyer and find out what is going on.  The item is paid for so why not set it aside for a while and see if buyer contacts you?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A returned package is Undeliverable.

Sellers are not required to refund a single penny on Undeliverable shipments.

The (supposed) buyer is not complaining or demanding a refund.

Relist and move on.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I believe (and I know someone will jump in if I'm incorrect) that you can go back to the item, and mark it as not shipped, and after doing so it will then free you up and give you the option to then cancel the order and choose the reason for cancellation as "problem with shipping address"

Try to print out anything that shows that it was delivered or that delivery was attempted (conveniently if a problem arises later, you may not be able to find that documentation on ebay anywhwere).

While I agree with other posts that mentioned your not obligated to issue a refund unless the customer initiates something on ebay, I am afraid if you just relisted it today, and it sold again tomorrow, Murphys law kicks in and thats when the customer would open an INR or something similar, and you would be stuck holding the bag because you know longer even have the item to resend and cover the original order.

By at least going through the cancellation process, its documented and basically releases you from any obligation to supply the item any longer.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 Where is this in the eBay rules?  I would have said you have your item back, so refund the buyer and then sell it again.   

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 6
latest reply