cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of the Blocked Buyer

I dodged a bullet over a year ago (August 2018) and blocked a buyer before he was even able to purchase from me. He is a buyer and a seller with over 1000 feedbacks. He accused me of changing the price on him during his communication to me in messages... boasting about his experience and knowledge of ebay. I proved to him that there was no revision made in the listing by showing him the listing revision log with timestamps. He obnoxiously refused to believe that changing price is logged as a revision and continued to toot his own horn about how no one is as skilled as he is in ebay... resorting to heckling, name calling, threats to report me to ebay, the whole shabbang.

You'd think an experienced seller like him (I checked and confirmed he is experienced) would know better... if not in knowledge/policy, then at the very least in human etiquette. I didn't entertain his messages and blocked him and simply said it's best if we just go our separate ways. At that time he replied with threats saying he'll never buy from me, I just lost a sale... I won't be getting his money.

Over one year later, a few days ago he messages me linked to a different listing of mine. I guess coincidentally he was interested in another one of my items. He found out he was blocked and begun to message me. I had to look at my records to remind me who this buyer was. His message says (in a smug tone and verbiage) he's not sure what did to be blocked, and that he's ready to buy multiple items and I'm losing out on his money. I replied that I see that he has been blocked in both our best interest due to previous interactions and wished him good luck. He replies and acknowledges but continues to heckle me that he doesn't want to buy any more and I lost out on his sale that he was going to pay right away.

Two questions here. 1) How the heck was he able to message me after being blocked for a year? The last reply I sent him was August 2018. I can confirm 100% that he is in fact in my BBL and I enabled the "don't allow buyer to contact you" option. How did he slip thru? Yes, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have replied to his recent message... but since this blocking system is already broken, what's to stop him from continuing to heckle me more?

2) I don't understand buyers like this and their threats. If you are already saying you won't buy from me, why the constant heckling? Just don't buy. If you want to leave, then just leave... don't keep announcing that you're leaving.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0