cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Buyer or Request Rating Removal?

Hi,

I'm a little bit confused about these two options.  Here's the situation (going to make this very generic). I have a listing for widgets.  A buyer can choose to order multiple widgets but the listing is for one widget with 50 total available.  Buyer purchases a quantity of 2.  I pay for the shipping. Buyer received the 2 widgets as described (and no dispute from buyer on this).  Buyer threatens in private messaging that a negative review will be left regarding what a scam/ripoff this is if I don't acknowledge the message asap and send more widgets.  A negative review is left that says I'm a scammer...blah blah blah.

Will reporting the buyer lead to the removal of the unfair/untrue review or do I need to follow through and file a dispute of a rating?  I know that there are only so many that you can file (disputes) and I don't want to use that option if the removal of the unfair/untrue rating would be removed through the report the buyer process.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay won't remove feedback unless asked, not sure reporting the buyer does anything.

The messages you have clearly show feedback extortion and you should be able to get it removed but it may take asking multiple times to get a representative that has a clue. 

Worst case if after several attempts they will not remove it, a simple reply stating something to the effect that the buyer did not understand the price is per item sold should be adequate.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's hit or miss whether or not eBay would help you with FB because your listing for that fragrance is set up incorrectly and it's violating eBay listing policies.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi @bitesizedbeauty

Reporting the buyer isn’t going to do much (if not nothing at all). 

You can ask eBay to remove it as it breaks eBay’s policy. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi @bitesizedbeauty 

Your profile doesn't show any negative feedback ... so I assume you were successful in getting it removed since you first posted.  Congrats!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply