cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunding original shipping as seller

Buyer buys an item. Receives it, doesn't fit, opens return request with reason "didn't fit". Ships back and immediately escalates the return request to eBay. eBay somehow turns this into an "item not as described" case but asks buyer to return the item to me.

I receive the item and immediately contact eBay saying I will refund buyer but I don't have to refund original shipping because this was a remorse return and sellers don't need to refund shipping in these situations (expensive express international shipping).

eBay tells me offer partial refund to buyer if she accepts, which is unfair to me. Now they closed this escalated case with a full refund to buyer because item is delivered to me. No refund of shipping and also no refund of the fees charged to me.

Ever been in this situation and how did you solve it? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Refunding original shipping as seller

Buyer buys an item. Receives it, doesn't fit, opens return request with reason "didn't fit". Ships back and immediately escalates the return request to eBay. eBay somehow turns this into an "item not as described" case but asks buyer to return the item to me.

@bonfire_25 

No. I've never had this happen to me. My last Return was for remorse, but it stuck all the way until I deducted shipping from the refund when the item was returned to me... still a remorse Return.

At what point did you see that the claim had changed to 'Not as Described'? I'm confused...

Message 2 of 2
latest reply