cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Shipping overcharge

Hi!

My weight on an item was set wrong, and overcharged the customer considerably.

I'd like to refund $5. Under Managed Payments and receiving money via Ebay, how do I refund a portion?

On Paypal, the refund button took you to a screen where you could set your own refund amount.

If I hit the "refund" button from the item here on Ebay, will it give me that option or refund everything?

TIA!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes it will let you refund whatever you desire on item sold.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Do it on Ebay on item sold....Pay Pal has nothing to do with this.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can send a partial refund. I am assuming you are using the website and not the phone app, I have no idea what happens when you hit that button on the phone.

I personally never do that, customer knew the entire price when they paid, and I believe ebay still keeps their 13 percent on the money you send back.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

Hi!

My weight on an item was set wrong, and overcharged the customer considerably.

I'd like to refund $5. Under Managed Payments and receiving money via Ebay, how do I refund a portion?

On Paypal, the refund button took you to a screen where you could set your own refund amount.

If I hit the "refund" button from the item here on Ebay, will it give me that option or refund everything?

TIA!

Go to you list of orders and select refund.  you will have to scroll down a little to get to Refund.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

On next page you can enter the Refund amount.

stephenmorgan_0-1651799047992.png

stephenmorgan_1-1651799238426.png

Buy the way, did you know TIA in Spanish means Aunt?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply