cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email from eBay stating that buyer is newly unregistered

I received an email from eBay notifying me that one of my buyers is now unregistered and not to ship the item that was purchased. Nor to contact the buyer, etc.

eBay is a bit late on this because the buyer purchased the item October 22, and it was delivered on October 25. I received positive feedback shortly after.  At that time, there were no indications that the buyer had problems and was registered.

I tried Help and Contact and then clicked on the order in question to see if there was anything I could follow up on. There were no links that could address this situation. 

As far as I know, the transaction went smoothly, the buyer is happy with the purchase, and I was happy to sell the item.

Very strange that the email showed up as though the sale happened yesterday.

Am I right to just ignore the email and consider the subject closed?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Over the years I've had a few of these emails.  Not always for the same reason but Ebay identifying a specific buyer as a security risk or something.  For me, most came in days after I shipped the item.  A couple of times it was a month or more after the transaction.

The first couple really concerned me as there was nothing I could do but hope all went well.  I can share with you in my 24 years here I have NEVER had one of these that actually became a problem.  Buyers received the item and there were never any claims filed of any kind.

So I say relax and try not to worry about it.  Keep the email in case it ever becomes handy, but it is not likely you will have any kind of issue because of it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes. Just ignore it. Too late to do anything now anyway.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When eBay suspends an account they send that generic message for any recent sales. 

Usually nothing ever happens.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Over the years I've had a few of these emails.  Not always for the same reason but Ebay identifying a specific buyer as a security risk or something.  For me, most came in days after I shipped the item.  A couple of times it was a month or more after the transaction.

The first couple really concerned me as there was nothing I could do but hope all went well.  I can share with you in my 24 years here I have NEVER had one of these that actually became a problem.  Buyers received the item and there were never any claims filed of any kind.

So I say relax and try not to worry about it.  Keep the email in case it ever becomes handy, but it is not likely you will have any kind of issue because of it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply