cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding a buyer who opened a dispute for "Item not received".

Hello:

I sold a cd on Friday, 11/30 18, and shipped it on Monday, 12/3/18. I always state that I send my cd's via Media Mail because, very often, they get to the buyer in less than a week. I could ship First Class, but it is $1.09 more and, when you multiply, it starts to add up. This is additional information but, currently, I am in a tough financial situation so, to put it that way, every dollar counts.

The thing is that, according to the USPS site, this package is expected to be delivered, at the latest, on 12/17/18, which is two weeks after I sent it. I understand that Media Mail could be slow but, apparently, the buyer is desperate to get the item and filed an "Item not received" case today, without contacting me first, and triggering the Paypal "funds hold" situation.

Supposedly, I have until 12/19/18 to reach an agreement, while USPS tracking says that the item should be there, at the latest, by 12/17/18. What are the possible outcomes or options? I have been selling here for, almost, five years and used to be an Amazon seller before that. This had never happened to me before.

Thanks for your attention and helpful responses will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

I would sit down and enjoy a cool beverage. 

Message 2 of 82
latest reply

Update the item not received case with the tracking number.  Keep an eye on the tracking number and when it shows delivered call eBay and have it closed in your favor.

Also the lowest media mail rate is the same as the lowest first class mail rate when you purchase your postage.  CD's do not weight very much so with packing you should be in the 4 ounce area?  If a bit higher it is only a few cents more for every extra ounce.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

If there is a tracking number, add that to your dispute.

BTW- if you are really tight on shipping costs, look around for discount mint postage.

You want 'mint never hinged' .

You don't want "unused" or "no gum" both of which are probably used but missed a postmark and are illegal.

You can save from 15-50% on the price of postage this way.

I sell discount postage, but it is Canadian and of no use to you.

Message 4 of 82
latest reply

I don't use shipping labels since I don't have a working printer. Instead, my only current option is to go to USPS's Post Office and choose between $3.75 for First Class or $2.66 for Media Mail. Usually, Media Mail has been okay and when you multiply $1.09, let's say, times tewnty, it starts to make a difference. Actually, I have been offered a cheap First Class option but I refuse because it does not include tracking and that would be beyond careless to use for Ebay.

I appreciate your time, attention, and good wishes. Thanks.

Message 5 of 82
latest reply

Yes, there is a tracking number and it was added on 12/03/18. As soon as the dispute was opened, I added it there also. I am sure this will be received within a reasonable timeframe. I guess the buyer got restless and could not wait a day or two.

Message 6 of 82
latest reply

You might want to call and see if Ebay will grant you an extension. My packages have been arriving 4-5 days late (past the last date in the estimated delivery timeframe). If Ebay grants you a ten day extension, your item should have arrived by then.
Message 7 of 82
latest reply

"I don't use shipping labels since I don't have a working printer. "

---------

With 284 active listings,

you need to buy a used printer.

I can get them for 5 to 10 dollars at thrift stores.

Add 15 dollars for a black ink cartridge.

And you get a discount printing through eBay that the USPS won't give you otherwise.

It adds up.

I fear, you're being penny-wise, but pound-foolish

as the old saying says.

Best of luck,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

Op might even be able to find a good deal on one on Ebay!
Message 9 of 82
latest reply

I highly recommend the "Brother QL-700"...it's affordable, and has held up for me for many years. Though I haven't shopped for any new printer since I bought this one, so it may be outdated. I've had zero complaints, well worth it.
Message 10 of 82
latest reply

I don't know if I agree with being "foolish" as much as I agree with, really, going through a "every dime counts" period in my life. Still, thanks for the suggestion and, if possible, I might try some of the tips that older sellers have given me.

Thanks for the useful responses, everyone.

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

That is very interesting, I did not know about that. What about your feedback? Has it suffered because of the USPS delays?

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

Many who post on the forum are actually longtime, "older" sellers. 18704d is one of those people. Some sellers have a seller ID, but also have a separate ID to post in the forum. Anything that poster offers as advice, I would back without hesitation.

These people are just trying to save you money in the long run, not sell you something. The discount from shipping with eBay labels vs paying at the post office would absolutely pay for itself after a few orders.
Message 13 of 82
latest reply

And they weren't calling you foolish..it's an old saying.
Message 14 of 82
latest reply

It's okay, my reply just stated an explanation of circumstances, even though I did not have to do it. If you see my entire post, I was grateful for suggestions and tips. I don't see a need to focus on anything that might cause controversy. I am not implying that it is your intention, but it might cause a misunderstanding.

Like I said before, thanks for the tips and I will implement what works for me considering the circumstances.

Message 15 of 82
latest reply