cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question first time this ever happened to me someone returning item not as described

Hi,

Question . I'm a long time seller but this is a first for me . I had a buyer open a item not as described and is returning a psa graded and authenticated autograph card of Emmitt Smith , because Ebay authenticity won't authenticate autographs signed by the player.  This is what PSA is for but not the point . I can give item number of my description if that is allowed .

My question is I wasn't going to fight it , I don't argue with people on eBay. I offer and 14 day return policy anyway.  My question is he opens a Item not described case, and I don't even have the option to authorize a refund which I would have done.

eBay just accepts. initiates the return and card is  resent to the authenticator lol and freeze funds for the amount of purchase. I don't even have that amount in my eBay funds at the moment  So does this mean I will get a seller strike against me because he opened a case and eBay got involved ? I never had a chance to accept.

First time item not as described return 

Thanks for any advice 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Question first time this ever happened to me someone returning item not as described

He opens a Item not described case, and I don't even have the option to authorize a refund.
Sellers do not have an option to authorize or deny a refund for these reasons.
1: Doesn't work or defective
2: Doesn't match description or photos
3: Wrong item sent
4: Missing parts or pieces
5: Arrived damaged
6: Doesn't seem authentic

So does this mean I will get a seller strike against me because he opened a case and eBay got involved?
eBay doesn't get involved in Not as Described cases. The cases automatically open up.
So no strike for that.
Your Return Rate has one added to it.
This does not become a problem until several occur.
Those drop off of your seller account after one year.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply