cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about sending to eBay's authentication service.

If you sell a high value item in one of the selected categories, like trading cards, it has to ship to the eBay authentication service first.  This provides both buyer and seller with great value at no extra expense.

But I have a question.  If I were going to normally ship the item to the buyer with signature confirmation, should I still do that with the authenticator?  Or do they not want that?

Also, once they ship it back out, do they assume the responsibility in the case of an item lost in the mail or if it does not arrive?  According to their policy, they would only send it back out with signature confirmation if it was over $750.  So a $600 item would not be sent out with that service.

Thank you to all.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I think if it's over $750 (total, taxes and shipping, even if the item price is a little under), I'd still do signature required, just because it's a general eBay rule and they haven't changed that help page to reflect the difference in sending to an authenticator instead.  That doesn't mean it's actually necessary, but it's worth the cost to cover my assets I'd think, just in case.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi @gozhven . For Authenticity Guarantee shipments:

You are required to use sig confirmation when the order (item+ship+tax) totals $750+ if you are purchasing your own label (from eBay or elsewhere), even if going to the authentication center.

If you are shipping an item to the authentication center where eBay provides a prepaid FedEx label (like they do for sneakers), then you do not have to add sig conf or make any changes. Just use the label provided.

When AG ships to the buyer they will add sig conf when appropriate. Either way, once they authenticate and ship to the buyer you are covered if the buyer files a non-receipt claim.

Hope that helps.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/signature-confirmationpolicy?id=5154

Message 3 of 3
latest reply