cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about customer saying sizing is incorrect

Hi,

I recently sold a NWT shirt to a fellow.  I believe he lives abroad, but it was delivered to someone in Miami.  I got this message from him. 

"Your item is to big, it is not L size, it is really XL or XXL size, I can not understand why you write here that it’s L size, I’ll give you negative feedback, I have no choise..."

I asked him to send me pictures of the tags to make sure i gave him the right item.  I also advised him he could send it back if it did not have Large tags on it as not as described.  If it is as described that he could send back as doesnot fit.  My question is, if he decides to leave me negative feedback is there any way of getting that fixed?  Also, is there a way of blocking people from being able to see/purchase from you in the future?  thanks

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Did you list measurement?
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyggie63 wrote:
My question is, if he decides to leave me negative feedback is there any way of getting that fixed?  Also, is there a way of blocking people from being able to see/purchase from you in the future?  thanks

@hyggie63

It depends what the feedback says. Most of the time eBay takes the stance that it's the buyer's opinion so they won't remove it unless it specifically violates policy.

If you receive a negative feedback come back here to ask for opinions. Most of the time the best thing you can do is leave a professional reply and we can help you with that.

You can't block anybody from seeing your listings. You can block a specific ID from purchasing your listings. https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Measurements might have helped you avoid this situation.

You can block someone from bidding/buying but not from viewing your listings.

BBL/Blocked Bidder List

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

BBL/Blocked Bidder List

I looked at several of this seller's listings for men's shirts and all of them had measurements.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Yes I did include measurments.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

NWT is New with tags. NWOT is new without tags. No tags at all? Not even a size tag?

Sounds like he is trying to bully you into a refund. Just tell him to return it. The address in Miami might be a reshipper. He would need to get his shirt back to Miami first because that is where you sent it.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

BBL/Blocked Bidder List

I looked at several of this seller's listings for men's shirts and all of them had measurements.

@city*satins

OP did not state that he listed measurements, he just said L.  I believed the OP and so did not check.  But thank you!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Hi, if the buyer had it forwarded then he will not have ebay buyer protection thru the Money Back Guarantee. So he may not be eligible to open a case for not as described.

Not covered: 

• Items shipped to another address after original delivery

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Unfortunately - being a clothing seller myself - some buyers do not read listing descriptions - they look at a picture and a title and look no further. You have great pictures, great descriptions, list measurements and offer returns. If the buyer is indeed using a ship forwarder - which you can check by googling the address you sent the item to - he knows he isn't covered by Ebay's MBG any longer. As others have said - tell the buyer to return the item for a refund.

As city pointed out - you can appeal any bad feedback or use it to your advantage by posting a professional responsible reply which we can help you with.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

BBL/Blocked Bidder List

@city*satins

OP did not state that he listed measurements, he just said L.  I believed the OP and so did not check.  But thank you!

I believed the OP too, but I still checked.  Can't help it - it's my nature.

Glad to help. 

The OP's problem is pretty common, I find.  A lot of buyers seem to think that Size L (for instance) is somehow universal.   

Even when you give measurements, they often don'tread them and I've mentioned before that I'm not actually sure sometimes that I should keep listing measurements, since a buyer who complains that something is too big that was only described as Size L, has historically actually been easier to deal with than one who decides to dispute the measurements, even if they're correct.   

My experience has been that buyers who DON'T try to take advantage of the seller will select a non SNAD reason and just select Wrong size/doesn't fit and say in the explanatory text for instance "This skirt is too short for me".   Buyers who DO try to take advantage of the seller will select ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED and say in the explanatory text "This skirt is 3" shorter than the seller said."   The second buyer gets a full refund and return shipping on the sellers dime and when it returns, the length is exactly what the seller said.

Then there's the other type of buyer who when asked, admits that she does not now own, never has owned, and never intends to own, a measuring tape.

One option the OP has MIGHT be to comment that something fits small or is generous fitting - but even that is open to dispute by buyers and may not help.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@hyggie63 wrote:

Hi,

I recently sold a NWT shirt to a fellow.  I believe he lives abroad, but it was delivered to someone in Miami.  I got this message from him. 

"Your item is to big, it is not L size, it is really XL or XXL size, I can not understand why you write here that it’s L size, I’ll give you negative feedback, I have no choise..."

I asked him to send me pictures of the tags to make sure i gave him the right item.  I also advised him he could send it back if it did not have Large tags on it as not as described.  If it is as described that he could send back as doesnot fit.  My question is, if he decides to leave me negative feedback is there any way of getting that fixed?  Also, is there a way of blocking people from being able to see/purchase from you in the future?  thanks

It's good that you list the measurements, but also maybe add a disclaimer to each listing saying you "list by the Brand's label and are not responsible if something doesn't fit - so be sure to compare measurements to something you own that fits before bidding."

Yes, you can block someone from bidding on your items, and I'd do that for sure.

To stop a particular member from being able to bid on or buy your items:

1. Go to the Block bidders or buyers from your listings page.
  2. Enter their username – You can add up to 5,000 usernames.
  3. Select Submit.
"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@hyggie63

You listed the shirt as L and gave measurements.

The buyer complains that the shirt is larger than expected.

You believe the buyer is overseas.

• Generally having both manufacturer's size and measurements will protect you from a Not As Described dispute. But don't count on it. In addition, unless the measurements were in metric, it is very likely an overseas customer would not understand them.                                                                              
  • Why do you think the buyer is overseas?  Google the address you shipped to. Is it a freight forwarder? Good. Your responsibilities for forwarded items are fewer than for items sent directly to the buyer.
  • Tell the buyer "I regret the shirt does not fit you. Return it for a full refund." Don't go into any detail about how to do this.

You can require the buyer  to Return the shirt to you, with Proof of Delivery, to win a Dispute even if you have a No Returns policy.

If you are required to send a Return Shipping Label it only goes to the address you shipped to, not the buyer's overseas location.

Feedback makes no difference to your Selling Account as far as eBay is concerned. Unresolved Disputes however are serious and lead to Defects.

Your future buyers may read your feedback .

You can leave a Response to any Feedback, your own or the customer's.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Demanded refund w/o return Size in Title & measurements inDescription" for example.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I've done that too city and sometimes it makes no difference. I received a recent neg on a pair of vintage jeans - title stated Tagged size as well as actual measurements whcih was also noted in the description box under the title as they were used and in the item description. They never opened a case - just left feedback so I just left a professional response that tagged and actual measurements were included and I ahve a 30 day Free Returns policy - I can't make it much easier for buyers.

I started noting all flaws and measurements in the title as so many on mobile never looked at the description but sometimes that doesn't even help.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

@hyggie63 wrote:

Hi,

It's good that you list the measurements, but also maybe add a disclaimer to each listing saying you "list by the Brand's label and are not responsible if something doesn't fit - so be sure to compare measurements to something you own that fits before bidding."

Yes, you can block someone from bidding on your items, and I'd do that for sure.

To stop a particular member from being able to bid on or buy your items:

1. Go to the Block bidders or buyers from your listings page.
  2. Enter their username – You can add up to 5,000 usernames.
  3. Select Submit.

I find it ridiculous to have to do this but I understand why. It should be common knowledge and simple common sense to any adult that has bought clothing for themselves SMH.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 15 of 23
latest reply