cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: When you make an offer to a buyer can another buyer do a "buy it now"?

Just a general question. I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I haven't seen it. I made an offer to a potential buyer. I'm curious, does that make it ineligible to be purchased by another buyer, or can another buyer still do a "buy it now"?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Question: When you make an offer to a buyer can another buyer do a "buy it now"?

Any buyer can still buy it on BIN

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I may stand corrected on this, but....

If YOU made the offer (say, to a watcher) anyone else can buy the item during the time that offer is outstanding......

If they made an offer to you, and you countered, another buyer can still but that item while the offer is outstanding......

If someone makes an offer to you in an auction via "Make Offer" , and you send a 'counter-offer', and someone makes a bid on that item during that time, that counter-offer is invalid if a bid is made while that offer is not completed...(most categories)

so, in general, at almost anytime a Buy It Now is the final say.....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thankfully, yes. It has happened to me a few times. I've sent out offers and the person decided to "sleep on it" and another Buyer paid full price for the same item.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yup. I've had it happen a few times where someone has purchased BIN price while offers have been in play. 

As offers tend to go to several people at once, eBay does let them know that someone else may snag it before they do. Obviously the working is different, but the gist is the same. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Until the offer is accepted, anyone can come and buy the item.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you make an offer to a buyer A... . or if buyer A makes an offer to you ... Buyer A can still buy the item full price.

Do you know how many buyers receive an offer/counter-offer from me and pay full price for the item using Buy It Now while the offer is active?

Ive also had situations where... let's say my item is $90 or Best Offer, i send an offer for $83, buyer counters $75, I decline. Instead of then making an offer (b/c that option is open) for the $83 I already offered them, they go ahead and Buy It Now paying full price. 

...Buyers never cease to amaze me... 😉

Message 7 of 7
latest reply