cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcard Letter Document Sellers: Please Add Surnames & Place Names mentioned in your items in Title

To the sellers of postcards, letters, documents or anything else that is pertinent,

Please add in your titles whatever surnames and place names that are mentioned in your items. There are a gazillion (yes, an accurate number) of people interested in genealogy who have saved searches of surnames and place names. Your items are probably being missed by these (read me and the gazillion minus one other) hunter buyers.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Postcard Letter Document Sellers: Please Add Surnames & Place Names mentioned in your items in Title

Just want to confirm that you're including the titles AND descriptions in your search for keywords. If you search titles only, you could be missing exactly what you're looking for.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@alibaba40she wrote:

To the sellers of postcards, letters, documents or anything else that is pertinent,
Please add in your titles whatever surnames and place names that are mentioned in your items. There are a gazillion (yes, an accurate number) of people interested in genealogy who have saved searches of surnames and place names. Your items are probably being missed by these (read me and the gazillion minus one other) hunter buyers.

An eBay title has very very limited space - 80 characters I think. And there are many competing interests when it comes to those items. 

Stamp collectors, postmark collectors, precancel collectors and postcard collectors all want to know different details.

Some want to know the date, or the stamp, or the postmark, or the precancel, or the town, or the subject matter,  or whether it is a photograph or not. 

You cannot please everyone.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply