cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me there is some way to remove the "show all options" tips message to edit descriptions

I left ebay behind for a while and have now decided to come back for awhile. I have a style in which I like all of my listings descriptions to appear that always worked very well for me. They seem to have eliminated most options, but with what is left, it is still possible to make it appear the same way I always did. But I have to click "show more options" to edit every single listing. Every time, seeing the message telling me I can "save time" by keeping it simple. I feel like the biggest waste of my time is that I don't see how I can stop seeing this message! Does ebay really want to make me crazy just because I want all of my listings to still be formatted the way I like? It seems very petty to try to force behavior this way. Not that I think that is beneath ebay, but I'm hoping maybe there is some glaring obvious option I missed where I could bulk edit every listing's font style, size, and orientation, and not have to do several clicks for each individually to read about how I could save time by having my listings appear in a way that bothers me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please tell me there is some way to remove the "show all options" tips message to edit descriptions

It's really obnoxious. We (sellers) have complained. The selling team has not changed it.

Only thing I can suggest is to see if creating templates will work for you, or using 'sell similar' from your existing listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's really obnoxious. We (sellers) have complained. The selling team has not changed it.

Only thing I can suggest is to see if creating templates will work for you, or using 'sell similar' from your existing listings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought I was going to be able to bring my listings back in from bonz but somehow their tool just didn't work out when I tried it. 
So I used Flyp. But after importing them to that from posh, they are different and I guess the format just does whatever is generic.

After leaving I didn't have any listings to sell similar from and this seemed like the easiest and fastest way to try to get everything over here again, but it makes no sense they don't give you the option to not show this message again. I've seen it thousands of times now and it's not having whatever affect they want except making me hate the place more.

Somehow templates never did work for me. I used to do the sell similar, back before this annoying message existed, but for getting everything back here, I guess it's just this to wear on my sanity.

Thanks for confirming that it has been complained about and yet another thing they do to not care about their sellers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ooh! If I edit in bulk, I clicked the show more options and it didn't show it! Maybe this is the answer. Relief....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply