cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Zoom Not Working For Newly Listed Items.

I post hundreds of listing every week and have never had this problem. All of my listing from two days ago and prior, work fine, but all of them from today have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? If not, suggestions. I have not changed anything about my listing procedure. All photos are at least 1800px on the short side.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

I'm having the same problem with my listings. 

Message 2 of 110
latest reply

OK, so it's not just me. I have hundreds more to list today, but I'm afraid to proceed if they are going to have this issue for the life of the listing.

Message 3 of 110
latest reply

This started for me when listing some items last night.   Some photos would zoom properly and others wouldn't.   For a period of time I could successfully re-upload the same photo and it would work.  But I just tried that at least 10 times in a row on one listing and it still won't zoom.  Hope they figure out the bug soon...

Message 4 of 110
latest reply

Thanks for posting this!

Same problem here. No change to anything I do, all pictures high resolution. Zoom not working on the listing (or on "scheduled" listings).

For me it started yesterday evening (August 23) PDT. In fact, I think I was in the midst of creating a listing when it began. I examined a scheduled auction and got the ususal zoom feature. I did a text edit to it and then looked at the scheduled listing again a few minutes later - now no zoom.

My wife noticed on another of our scheduled auctions that if she shuffled through the images she could find one or two that would zoom while all the others would not.

All the eBay online information on this (a previous problem with the bulk listing tool) dates from 2014. I tried deleting the pictures and uploading them again. No luck.

For all the admonitions about using lots of big pictures from eBay, you would think they would check code changes that affect images more carefully.

Mike

Message 5 of 110
latest reply

Exact same issue for me as well--does eBay know about this bug?

Message 6 of 110
latest reply

Come on eBay, what did you do Wednesday evening?

Message 7 of 110
latest reply

The high resolution photos ARE being uploaded.  If I right-click to view the image and change the end of the url from s-l500.jpg to s-l1600.jpg, I see the full photo.  So something is broken in the zoom/enlarge code.

Message 8 of 110
latest reply

Does eBay know about this and will it be fixed?

Message 9 of 110
latest reply

They are probably too busy issuing unquestioned refunds to buyers to notice.

Message 10 of 110
latest reply

Hopefully that means the affected listings can be fixed by eBay and not by sellers having to redo their listings.

Message 11 of 110
latest reply

I mentioned in another thread (more than a few people have experienced this, ebay) that this happened to my new listings as of last night.

Ebay is doing something with photos, because I'm still seeing blank gray squares for the gallery photos in some listings.  I think that started a few weeks ago and it's really special when a buyer can't see your item and just skips over it and zips on down the line.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 12 of 110
latest reply

I just got off the phone with "Mike" at eBay.  He claims that they are aware of the problem, and are working to fix it ASAP.  Whatever that means. 

Message 13 of 110
latest reply

Having the same problem here. Out of 4 items I listed, 17 pictures total, ONE picture will show the zoom feature. Frustrating when we know things don't work right for buyers, and we KNOW it's costing us sales.

@Anonymous

Could you please pass this along to the proper team to be addressed ASAP?

Message 14 of 110
latest reply

It means that they don't care that sellers are being affected. Not enough to notify us and let us know what to do and when it will be resolved. Instead our seller info is this...

Message 15 of 110
latest reply