cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently restricted from selling on eBay for no reason after 22 years as a "Top Rated" seller.

We are a US Manufacturer of marine accessories as well as other products.  We sold thousands of our products on eBay over the past 22 years with not a single negative feedback and a continuous 100% positive feedback rating with seller level "Top Rated" and excellent metrics.  Unfortunately, we are now permanently restricted from selling on eBay and told to find another platform.  We were told during our first dialog with eBay support that eBay had made a mistake and were not told why we were restricted.  After more than a week we asked why we were still being restricted and they stated that it was "because of all the open claims you failed to resolved" and when we asked which claims they responded with "You have 2 returns for this particular item XX".  Those returns were expeditiously resolved with no problems and our seller dashboard shows "Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%".  We would like to continue selling on eBay but they won't let us.  Below is the transcript of the last dialog with eBay:

09:04:14 UTC Ebay Rep
I've check your eBay account here and the reason why your account has been restricted because of all the open claims you failed to resolved.
09:04:36 UTC Ebay Rep
I know this isn’t the outcome you were hoping for, however, we need to ensure that eBay is kept a safe place for other buyers and sellers, after our review on your performance, we don’t feel that they promote a positive buying or selling environment.
09:04:47 UTC maximarine
Which ones?
09:06:09 UTC Ebay Rep
You have 2 returns for this particular item DJI Mavic 3 Air 2 2S DJI Mini 2 Signal Booster Antenna Range Yagi-Uda 5.8/2.4Ghz
09:07:06 UTC maximarine
Both returns were resolved with refunds?
09:08:06 UTC Ebay Rep
I totally understand however our account specialized already review your account and it seems that you cannot create a good buying experienced to your buyers.
09:08:14 UTC Ebay Rep
Due to this we have decided that eBay is not the selling platform for you, there is many other selling platforms out there for you to be successful on.
09:08:58 UTC maximarine
We don't understand?
09:09:33 UTC Ebay Rep
Please do understand that we may restrict an account if we have cause for concern. Though I acknowledge your eagerness to help resolve this, it's with much regret to inform you that the suspension placed in your account doesn't have an appeals process to help resolve this.
09:09:35 UTC maximarine
We have sold for 22 years on eBay!
09:09:43 UTC Ebay Rep
While we understand that you may not agree with our decision to restrict your account, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
09:09:56 UTC Ebay Rep
Since I've already provided all the information, I will now be disconnecting this chat.Thank you for contacting eBay, have a great day
09:09:58 UTC
Chat ended by Ebay Rep
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Permanently restricted from selling on eBay for no reason after 22 years as a "Top Rated" seller.

The only hope you have is to go to eBay for business on Facebook and send a private message. 

Include all that has happened and hopefully they can help.

CS online or by calling is not very good at helping.

Good luck!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I second contacting them via eBay for Business on FB.  I've had extremely good luck and quick responses from them. Good luck and hope you can get this resolved and can begin selling on this platform again.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

eBay for Business on Facebook = A+  Helped me a few times and although my issues were not as severe as yours they were resolved within hours, if not minutes.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Thank you for the information!

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for commenting with other help solutions.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@maximarine wrote:

09:08:14 UTC Ebay Rep
Due to this we have decided that eBay is not the selling platform for you, there is many other selling platforms out there for you to be successful on.

09:09:43 UTC Ebay Rep
While we understand that you may not agree with our decision to restrict your account, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.

Since ebay has directed you to their exit door, other online selling platforms are an available opportunity.

Sometimes change can turnout to be a real blessing. Have a successful, prosperous selling future.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

All of the responses you received were canned responses probably generated by a chatbot, your case is not being reviewed by anybody.  We have seen the exact same responses, literally word for word, many times on these boards.  That is another reason why you need to go to Facebook to get a real CS person to review your case.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@maximarine I do see 2 neutral feedbacks for the "DJI Mavic 3 Air 2 2S DJI Mini 2 Signal Booster Antenna Range Yagi-Uda 5.8/2.4Ghz" that the chat representative referred to. One does say it doesn't work and the other comment was either removed or nothing was posted. 

Either way, those feedbacks are what bother ebay and they consider those buyers to be disappointed.

We can't see whether you resolved the cases voluntarily or of ebay was asked to step in but as I see it, they are done with you and in fact, told you that you need to find another site. 

@forsalehereto - I don't recommend you try to circumvent the restriction on your other account and list on this one because they will link them and will suspend both accounts. It appears you're now selling the same item on this other account.....not a smart move.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

The 2 neutral feedbacks for the "DJI Mavic 3 Air 2 2S DJI Mini 2 Signal Booster Antenna Range Yagi-Uda 5.8/2.4Ghz" where not linked to the 2 "returns" referred to by the chat representative.  One neutral had a "." for feedback with no messages or return from the buyer, and we responded to the other neutral with a suggested fix and received no further response.  We resolved both cases voluntarily and eBay didn't have to step in.

We are not circumventing any restriction, both listing started in Nov 2021.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Ask yourself. "Do I really want to continue selling on this dying website with incompetent support?"

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@maximarine 

"Those returns were expeditiously resolved with no problems and our seller dashboard shows "Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%". 

Your Dashboard is not all that matters regarding cases.  Have you looked at your Service metrics numbers recently.  It is possible the answer is there.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/service-metrics

For your ease, here are the links to the Customer Service on Social Media that others have been referring you to.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@maximarine I do see 2 neutral feedbacks for the "DJI Mavic 3 Air 2 2S DJI Mini 2 Signal Booster Antenna Range Yagi-Uda 5.8/2.4Ghz" that the chat representative referred to. One does say it doesn't work and the other comment was either removed or nothing was posted. 

Either way, those feedbacks are what bother ebay and they consider those buyers to be disappointed.

We can't see whether you resolved the cases voluntarily or of ebay was asked to step in but as I see it, they are done with you and in fact, told you that you need to find another site. 

@forsalehereto - I don't recommend you try to circumvent the restriction on your other account and list on this one because they will link them and will suspend both accounts. It appears you're now selling the same item on this other account.....not a smart move.

"Either way, those feedbacks are what bother ebay and they consider those buyers to be disappointed."  Ebay stopped evaluating us on our feedback a few years ago, so whatever it says or implies would have nothing to do with the OP's situation.

But how many Return Request claims that were filed against them whether they processed them or not does matter, which is why I suggested they look at their Service Metrics number.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@forsalehereto wrote:

Thank you for the information!

You should prepare yourself.  When Ebay sanctions an Ebay account as your other account has been, they will eventually connect this account you are posting with and they will close it too.  I sure hope that doesn't happen to you, but it is what Ebay typically does.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Why can't I find ebay for business on Facebook? I see just eBay.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply