cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are funny.

I just got back from vacation. While I was gone I added the following text in big bold red letters at the top of all my listings:  

NOTICE: I will be on vacation for 1 week. Please do not purchase this item between 9-15-17 and 9-24-17.  Thank you for your cooperation. 

While i was away I sold 12 items.  😃

My first day back I removed all those notices from my listings.  I haven't sold anything since.

Go figure.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

People are funny.

Smiley Very Happy   Smiley Very Happy

Maybe they were just messin' with you.  lol

If your sales don't pick up again shortly, you may have to go on vacation again!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

Those are the people who don't like being told what to do haha, like a warning sign they will do it when the warning is up but would never dream of doing it once the warning sign is removed.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

I would love to go on vacation again. Anyone here from Canada?  I love your country!

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

Sellers who post a notice like that are funny.

It will not stop anyone from buying your items.

Can it even be seen on a mobile device?

Hide the listings if you have a store or end them if you don't.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

I'm serious when I say this...people don't read much past the headline, especially on their iPhones.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

Your message obviously poked their Rebellion Button and they just had to buy to make you Suffer!  LOL

Besides, if you're in Hawaii, aren't you already on vacation.....like all the time?  I haven't vacated anywhere (except maybe mentally) since 1992.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

Someone else gave me the advice - since i don't have a store, just raise the price of eveything by 1000%.  Maybe i should have done that?  LOL

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

@inhawaii wrote:

I would love to go on vacation again. Anyone here from Canada?  I love your country!

I've never understood the appeal of Hawaii and other so called "tropical paradises" I am from California and our summers often reach 100+ so I guess I've developed an aversion to warm and hot weather.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

Being from Hawaii, I love cold weather!  I guess the  grass is always greener on the other side.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

I went on vacation the end of Aug - thru Labor day - I put my listings on vacation but I did not have the option to hide the listings. They stay visible with a note that the seller is away until xxx and to put the item on your watch list for when they return and the items are available to buy.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

@inhawaii wrote:

Someone else gave me the advice - since i don't have a store, just raise the price of eveything by 1000%.  Maybe i should have done that?  LOL

On a serious note, no, don't do that. It could obviously impact future sales and cause some buyers to just discount you all together as someone not to be taken seriously.

I just have a question: did any of the purchasers of those sales get upset that you did not ship them right away? If not, then that's all good.

But if so, I would have to say I agree with the others to either hide or remove all of your listings during the time you cannot complete the orders.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

@zzydny wrote:

Your message obviously poked their Rebellion Button and they just had to buy to make you Suffer!  LOL

Besides, if you're in Hawaii, aren't you already on vacation.....like all the time?  I haven't vacated anywhere (except maybe mentally) since 1992.

Naw people in Hawaii vacay in Houston or Galveston. Lmao

RRR
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

I wonder how that will play out. Did you send the 12 items those buyers purchased when you returned ? Notes do nothing, you must cancel items or put them on vacation mode before you leave.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

People are funny.

maybe I should out my listings on vacation sivce I cannot even items sell below cost 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 15 of 23
latest reply