cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pdf file

Hello everyone.
I wanted to please know because I didn't find an unequivocal answer so maybe you can help me.
I have an old music magazine from the 90s that I scanned as a PDF file.
Is it allowed to upload a PDF file to eBay? And if so, in which category?
When someone buys from me, they will get a download link.
I know that Betsy is allowed, so if it's allowed there, I thought I'd try here as well, but before I upload... I'd rather check carefully that it's okay 🙂
Thanks for the helpers!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Pdf file

Digital items are only allowed to be listed by Approved sellers, even then there are plenty of restrictions.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

Never mind that, what you are proposing is blatant copyright infringement which would not be allowed on  ANY site.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

The answer to your question is NO.

You would have to email or message them with the link or PDF file.

FYI That is not allowed on ebay unless you are approved.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

Here (vs. "Betsy's") you'll need to list the actual magazine.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

@good4megold4you 

Digital items are restricted.  It needs to be a tangible item, in other words an actual magazine.  Sorry. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

@good4megold4you wrote:

You are not allowed to sell PDF scans of someone elses copyrighted material. You are basically setting yourself up as a publisher that way and you do not have the rights to do so. Its no different than making your own printed copies of the magazine and selling those instead.

@good4megold4you wrote:

I know that Betsy is allowed, so if it's allowed there, I thought I'd try here as well, but before I upload...

If you are talking about Etsy then I think they may be referring to PDF content that you wrote yourself and published in that form. It is not the same as scanning someone elses content and distributing PDF copies of that.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

Well, at least the OP has gotten some unequivocal answers this time.  Never have I seen such unity here.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

@good4megold4you wrote:

Hello everyone.
I wanted to please know because I didn't find an unequivocal answer so maybe you can help me.
I know that Betsy is allowed, so if it's allowed there, I thought I'd try here as well, but before I upload... I'd rather check carefully that it's okay 🙂
Thanks for the helpers!

It is illegal .......  unauthorized use, duplication, or sale of materials or products that are legally regarded as protected intellectual property ...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Pdf file

@good4megold4you wrote:

Here is your unequivocal answer - what you are proposing is a copyright violation and outright theft. Both here and on Etsy as well as everywhere else. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply