cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal refunds - paypal keeping all fees processed for the sale

Just read an email from PAYPAL, that they will no longer refund any fees charged for a sale when a buyer refund is processed.  Another slam to sellers when refunding. Taking effect October 11,2019.  Exceptions are duplicate transactions, voids, and most disputed transactions.  They claim this is an industry standard.  No, it is an industry RIP OFF of your customers.  With the relaxed financial rules and regulations, we will see more and more financial institutions, finding a myriad amount of new and more expensive fees being passed on to the consumer/customer for using and processing OUR MONEY.  

How can sellers remain competitive, what with Ebay's trashed searches, less exposure and sales volume decreasing every month since GTC and promoted listings went into effect, I think my time selling here is going to be very short.  Not worth the time and effort for crumbs left after all the fee processing by EBAY, lack of sales, and now PAYPAL not refunding fees for buyer refunds!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@designforyou wrote:

Just read an email from PAYPAL, that they will no longer refund any fees charged for a sale when a buyer refund is processed.  Another slam to sellers when refunding. Taking effect October 11,2019.  Exceptions are duplicate transactions, voids, and most disputed transactions.  They claim this is an industry standard.  No, it is an industry RIP OFF of your customers.  With the relaxed financial rules and regulations, we will see more and more financial institutions, finding a myriad amount of new and more expensive fees being passed on to the consumer/customer for using and processing OUR MONEY.  

How can sellers remain competitive, what with Ebay's trashed searches, less exposure and sales volume decreasing every month since GTC and promoted listings went into effect, I think my time selling here is going to be very short.  Not worth the time and effort for crumbs left after all the fee processing by EBAY, lack of sales, and now PAYPAL not refunding fees for buyer refunds!

There are already at least 2 open discussions about this

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There are already at least 2 open discussions about this

Well if I had noticed them, I would not have posted, smarty pants, LOL!  

When we know better, we do better, said a friend.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Rumor has it that a class action is in the works.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@trezzurzz wrote:
Rumor has it that a class action is in the works.

What good would that do?

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@designforyou wrote:

My question would be why are you getting so many refund / return requests that this is a problem?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply