cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal "Quick Security Check" right after making a sale

Hello:

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this, but I figured it is worth a shot since this happened right after receiving the notification that I had made a sale. In short, someone bought an item (just $15, but it's something) and, when I logged into my Paypal account, I had this "Quick security check" page saying that they needed to send me a text to my phone number. The problem is that, having not experienced this before, I had overlooked the fact that I had not updated my phone number information.

I called a representative and was told to wait 48 hours and try again, but I was not guaranteed that it would work. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, did the 48 hour wait solve it? Thanks for your attention.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you have not updated your phone info, I don't see how the 48 hr delay will help you.  The wrong phone info will still be there.

Not everyone can get a text to a phone number.  You can call Ebay and they have other ways to solve this.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

If you have not updated your phone info, I don't see how the 48 hr delay will help you.  The wrong phone info will still be there.

Not everyone can get a text to a phone number.  You can call Ebay PayPal and they have other ways to solve this.

FTFY

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 3
latest reply